Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Particularly the plaza at Leeds, can I get my friend to stay in my accommodation for a day or 2??
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Lillycoll)
    Particularly the plaza at Leeds, can I get my friend to stay in my accommodation for a day or 2??
    The normal place to look is the tenancy/ licence agreement you have with accommodation.

I couldnt see the one for the Plaza, but it am almost certain it will be the same conditions as for other Leeds Beckett Halls.

The documents are here

http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/accomm...nts-and-forms/

The Tenancy (its really a licence) says

1.21 Not to share the Accommodation or sub-let it or transfer occupancy to any person. Occasional overnight visitors are allowed on the conditions set out in the Resident’s Handbook. Unauthorised occupation of the Accommodation will be treated by the University as a serious breach of this agreement, which could give rise to its early termination under clause 4.

The handbook says

Guests
    Occasional overnight guests are allowed,however we do not allow long-term guests. Be considerate of your flat mates and let them know if/when you may have guests to stay. When you bring or invite a guest to the residence, you are responsible for your guests at all times, awake or asleep, until they leave the residence.

AnswerSo the advice is yes its fine fr one or two nights or even longer as long as it doesnt turn into long term and you let your flat mates know. Just common sense.

This is less restrictive than many contracts which might allow 2 days in a week and 4 days in a 28 day period plus lots of signing in etc. Leeds Beckett seem pretty relaxed.

As i pointed out I couldnt see Plaza documentation, but they will 99% use the same policy for it as they do all the other halls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillycoll)
    Absolutely yes, you can slip basically anything past your accommodation staff, my house of 9 at Carnegie village was more often than not a house of 12 with who else came to live with us and I know this was common around all accommodation places.

ReputationRep:
    Only if I'm good mates or know them since I was 5 and had slept round at my house Or we hanged about anything after that you're just an acquaintance. If you have a 300'000k contract and are none of the above then your definitely not staying in my room. If you are a female relative the same applies as stated in the previous statement, then they're not really that interesting. But you can have your friends round.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.