Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tories promote the right to choose your own sex Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-sex-sk2q2vwc0

I'm sure the The Times are aware that sex =/= gender.

You can't choose or change your sex, chromosomes or genes, unless you're a superhero, of course.

What does everyone think about this?

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a pick n' mix.

ReputationRep:
    meh, don't really understand this whole gender identification stuff, but if you want to identify as a man, women, semi-penised washing machine etc and you're not doing any harm to society it's calm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    meh, don't really understand this whole gender identification stuff, but if you want to identify as a man, women, semi-penised washing machine etc and your not doing any harm to society it's calm.
    They are if it costs the taxpayer.

ReputationRep:
    If you're born a male, you can't change to a female "because I said so". It's in your chromosomes unfortunately and you can't change that.

I don't look at a banana and say that it's now a female human being "because I wanted it to".

ReputationRep:
    All this gender ******** is beyond sanity imo 'my pronoun is zir!'

Grow up.

If you can do that, I can identify as a garden shed and no one can talk ****.

I personally don't see the hype and think it's childish.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute rubbish. If you have a penis you're a man. If you have a vagina, you're a woman. If you have something else (0.001% chance), you're intersex. Nothing else exists

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it increasingly hard to support the modern Conservatives. First they embrace LGBT rights now they are letting people switch gender at will. The tentacles of cultural Marxism continue to grow.

ReputationRep:
    The Tories have turned into an utter joke. How DARE they call themselves the Conservative Party, there's nothing conservative about them whatsoever.

ITT: Muslims and right wingers share the same opinion about sex change :curious:

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    ITT: Muslims and right wingers share the same opinion about sex change :curious:

:beard:
    What opinion would that be, now?

(Original post by ClearSky)
    What opinion would that be, now?
    Allowing people to have sex changes = Cultural Marxist agenda/can't change your sex it's wrong etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Allowing people to have sex changes = Cultural Marxist agenda/can't change your sex it's wrong etc etc
    Oh, yeah.
    Course it's wrong to change your sex!

(Original post by ClearSky)
    Oh, yeah.
    Course it's wrong to change your sex!
    Was just pointing out the similarity in opinion

ReputationRep:
    Utter madness. This country's decline continues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
    I'm finding it increasingly hard to support the modern Conservatives. First they embrace LGBT rights now they are letting people switch gender at will. The tentacles of cultural Marxism continue to grow.
    Just defect to UKIP. Modern Tories rightly embrace LGBT rights as greater freedom to the individual. Everyone's entitled to their own views; but you're anti-generational.

ReputationRep:
    Was just pointing out the similarity in opinion
    Oh, right sorry 'bout quoting you and all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...-sex-sk2q2vwc0

I'm sure the The Times are aware that sex =/= gender.
    Not sure they are - from the section of the article I can see prior to the registration wall, they seem to be using the two as interchangeable synonyms.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a matter of time until we get to choose our own species.

(Original post by hamzakalinle)
    meh, don't really understand this whole gender identification stuff, but if you want to identify as a man, women, semi-penised washing machine etc and you're not doing any harm to society it's calm.
    The problem is we in society are forced to go along with it. Here in Ontario, if you don't refer to somebody by their "preferred" gender identity (no matter how bizarre or made up it might be), you could face a legal penalty.

In my honest opinion, it's a social fad which may or may not be here to stay. This phenomenon involves predominantly young, socially awkward people who have found a new way to express themselves, and now the establishment is embracing it and pandering to them (and forcing the rest of us to do the same).

A lot of it is encouraged and amplified by the postmodern, hyper-progressive nonsense being taught to people in liberal arts schools.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Never really understood why so many people seem to have an issue with this; it doesn't affect you how other people identify, so it's bizarre that so many people are adamantly against it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.