Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i appreciate this blog when i first made this back in may i was going through a lot but i still am. but I'm grateful because i can openly express myself on here and get honest opinions.. i know people judge on here but who doesn't .. but I'm truly happy I'm able to talk about things i wouldn't say on my other social media accounts because family n few friends wouldn't understand or they don't care but whatever ..

ReputationRep:
    Anything you want to discuss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    Anything you want to discuss?
    yea thnx for asking i would like tips on how to overcome depression and phone addiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmonay)
    yea thnx for asking i would like tips on how to overcome depression and phone addiction
    Hmm, I have little experience in phone addiction, but maybe if you deleted a couple of social media accounts, you would have less reason to go on, or maybe limit the number of times you can check it, like 'only when I get a text' or 'only once every two hours' - if you write this down and then give it a tick when you follow it, it will be more satisfying. Or keep yourself busy with tasks and hobbies. And remember, "out of sight, out of mind".

For depression, I would suggest:
    + Going out more and being active
    + Spending more time with family or friends
    + Appreciate the little things - watch funny videos, listen to upbeat music, look at some old photographs of good memories
    + Remember what it is that motivates you - pursue your passions
    + If you lack motivation, make a to-do list

Obviously if your depression is severely affecting your everyday functioning, go to your GP, so they can help alter your negative thought patterns.

And take a look at this NHS tool: http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Depression.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    Hmm, I have little experience in phone addiction, but maybe if you deleted a couple of social media accounts, you would have less reason to go on, or maybe limit the number of times you can check it, like 'only when I get a text' or 'only once every two hours' - if you write this down and then give it a tick when you follow it, it will be more satisfying. Or keep yourself busy with tasks and hobbies. And remember, "out of sight, out of mind".

For depression, I would suggest:
    + Going out more and being active
    + Spending more time with family or friends
    + Appreciate the little things - watch funny videos, listen to upbeat music, look at some old photographs of good memories
    + Remember what it is that motivates you - pursue your passions
    + If you lack motivation, make a to-do list

Obviously if your depression is severely affecting your everyday functioning, go to your GP, so they can help alter your negative thought patterns.

And take a look at this NHS tool: http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Depression.asp
    i appreciate this i will write down the helpful tips you shared with me thanks a lot i really mean it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.