Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

about this blog Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i appreciate this blog when i first made this back in may i was going through a lot but i still am. but I'm grateful because i can openly express myself on here and get honest opinions.. i know people judge on here but who doesn't .. but I'm truly happy I'm able to talk about things i wouldn't say on my other social media accounts because family n few friends wouldn't understand or they don't care but whatever ..

ReputationRep:
    Anything you want to discuss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    Anything you want to discuss?
    yea thnx for asking i would like tips on how to overcome depression and phone addiction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmonay)
    yea thnx for asking i would like tips on how to overcome depression and phone addiction
    Hmm, I have little experience in phone addiction, but maybe if you deleted a couple of social media accounts, you would have less reason to go on, or maybe limit the number of times you can check it, like 'only when I get a text' or 'only once every two hours' - if you write this down and then give it a tick when you follow it, it will be more satisfying. Or keep yourself busy with tasks and hobbies. And remember, "out of sight, out of mind".

For depression, I would suggest:
    + Going out more and being active
    + Spending more time with family or friends
    + Appreciate the little things - watch funny videos, listen to upbeat music, look at some old photographs of good memories
    + Remember what it is that motivates you - pursue your passions
    + If you lack motivation, make a to-do list

Obviously if your depression is severely affecting your everyday functioning, go to your GP, so they can help alter your negative thought patterns.

And take a look at this NHS tool: http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Depression.asp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-99)
    Hmm, I have little experience in phone addiction, but maybe if you deleted a couple of social media accounts, you would have less reason to go on, or maybe limit the number of times you can check it, like 'only when I get a text' or 'only once every two hours' - if you write this down and then give it a tick when you follow it, it will be more satisfying. Or keep yourself busy with tasks and hobbies. And remember, "out of sight, out of mind".

For depression, I would suggest:
    + Going out more and being active
    + Spending more time with family or friends
    + Appreciate the little things - watch funny videos, listen to upbeat music, look at some old photographs of good memories
    + Remember what it is that motivates you - pursue your passions
    + If you lack motivation, make a to-do list

Obviously if your depression is severely affecting your everyday functioning, go to your GP, so they can help alter your negative thought patterns.

And take a look at this NHS tool: http://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Depression.asp
    i appreciate this i will write down the helpful tips you shared with me thanks a lot i really mean it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.