The Student Room Group

Accommodation period

Hi guys,
I am a MSc taught course student. what is the suitable contract length, I found a 39 weeks and 42 weeks which is more convenient for postgraduates ?
Original post by amt2017
Hi guys,
I am a MSc taught course student. what is the suitable contract length, I found a 39 weeks and 42 weeks which is more convenient for postgraduates ?

You should find out from your department when the start and end term dates are for your course.

You should then look at what the uni offers in its postgrad accommodation section. They normally offer exactly what you need plus the possibility of staying extra weeks.

I would think you go for the 42 week contract and check whether you need longer. Masters courses tend to be longer for the year than UG ones.
Original post by amt2017
Hi guys,

Postgraduate accomodation is normally 51 weeks or thereabouts as you will be working on your dissertation over the summer. Neither 39 or 42 week contracts cover the summer period.

Quick Reply

Latest