Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man, 20, dies following police pursuit. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40696004

He choked himself?

IPCC has opened an independent investigation.

ReputationRep:
    He shouldn't have put something in his mouth then. Typical criminal.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/justicef...fault&src=hash

The rabble rousers are already kicking off all over Twitter. Brace yourself, London.....

ReputationRep:
    Gets what he deserves, if you avoid the law you should be prepared for the consequences

ReputationRep:
    Whilst it is unfortunate that a life was lost, the man would have avoided being put in that position if he'd complied with the police instructions and not swallowed a pill. There is a reason why those who respect figures in authority do so much better in life than those who constantly try and fight against them.

ReputationRep:
    No US like riots? Protests? Wow we're civilised

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't really see him putting something in his mouth?

But if that's what he died from then I can't really fault the police officers. If they were wrongly pursuing him then that's something separate, but if someone chooses to commit suicide in front of the cops that's not the cops' fault.

ReputationRep:
    Wonder how much the shop owner made flogging the video. Seems like he popped something in his gob and resisted arrest. Oops! :dontknow:

P.S. George Soros, get your check book out mate, this is the moment BLM muppets have been waiting for all summer! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    No US like riots? Protests? Wow we're civilised

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just wait a couple of days, there will be plenty of chavs itching for an opportunity to loot, just like they did when scumbag Mark Duggan was killed.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Real question is what kinda pill did he swallow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIGJohnson777)
    Just wait a couple of days, there will be plenty of chavs itching for an opportunity to loot, just like they did when scumbag Mark Duggan was killed.
    Why call him a scumbag?

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Wonder how much the shop owner made flogging the video. Seems like he popped something in his gob and resisted arrest. Oops! :dontknow:

P.S. George Soros, get your check book out mate, this is the moment BLM muppets have been waiting for all summer! :woo:
    Most rational minded BLM supporters aren't happy when things like this happen though :dontknow:

Anyway I reserve my opinion/outrage for when the investigations are over (unlike most people both sjw and right wing because it's much more fun to draw conclusions that'll suit your political agenda)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Why call him a scumbag?
    He was a gangster and a drug-dealer who was arrested numerous times and only was getting away because of his links to organised crime. And tbh police wouldn't just go up to a person and shoot them dead unless they genuinely believe that the person presents a danger. Just like with Michael Brown, a lot for some reason side with criminals and not with those who protect decent people.

ReputationRep:
    Probably had a bag of drugs ready for sale that he swallowed to get rid of the evidence, and overdosed on what he swallowed due to the quantity.

ReputationRep:
    He deserved it - disrespect the police and face the consequences. The left are only up in arms about it because of the colour of his skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIGJohnson777)
    He was a gangster and a drug-dealer who was arrested numerous times and only was getting away because of his links to organised crime. And tbh police wouldn't just go up to a person and shoot them dead unless they genuinely believe that the person presents a danger. Just like with Michael Brown, a lot for some reason side with criminals and not with those who protect decent people.
    Yeah but like i personally feel like there is no justification for killing someone. I wont lie, some police are genuinely victimised as they put their lives down to protect the community but it wont change the fact that for every good, there are a few policemen/women that abuse their power.
    But I understand what you mean.
    Tbh the man that this thread is based on, did try to swallow evidence and got caught so the policeman putting his hand over his mouth and causing him to die wasn't fully his fault as this wouldn't have happened if he didn't hide evidence tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

I personally don't think its fair to call BLM activists muppets. Majority of the time they are fighting for injustice. Of course you will have some that are more extreme than others but that is in every pressure group.

(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
    He deserved it - disrespect the police and face the consequences. The left are only up in arms about it because of the colour of his skin.
    How about the white woman that 'disrespected ' the Somali police officer?
    Did she also deserve the consequences?

(Original post by Boredom101)
    Yeah but like i personally feel like there is no justification for killing someone. I wont lie, some police are genuinely victimised as they put their lives down to protect the community but it wont change the fact that for every good, there are a few policemen/women that abuse their power. But I understand what you mean. Tbh the man that this thread is based on, did try to swallow evidence and got caught so the policeman putting his hand over his mouth and causing him to die wasn't fully his fault as this wouldn't have happened if he didn't hide evidence tbh.
    Prsom
    Finally a reasonable post.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if this incident will spark civil unrest.
    Warm weather and youths on school holidays with nothing to do.

London Riots 2 incoming?

ReputationRep:
    I hope this doesn't lead to abuse being hurled at police officers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.