Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man, 20, dies following police pursuit. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    How about the white woman that 'disrespected ' the Somali police officer?
    Did she also deserve the consequences?

Prsom
    Finally a reasonable post.
    Ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    I wonder if this incident will spark civil unrest.
    Warm weather and youths on school holidays with nothing to do.

London Riots 2 incoming?
    Experienced the first one, if theres a second one I wont be able to stay in this city any longer.

ReputationRep:
    So many utter morons blaming the police for his death. Then again, people love to play the victim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Experienced the first one, if theres a second one I wont be able to stay in this city any longer.
    I've been a life-long Londoner. In recent years, I've felt we're on the cusp of another major riot just going by the way large sections of the youth population in this city behave. They have no empathy and do not fear authority. It always surprises me when people proclaim their love for London.

ReputationRep:
    London riots v2 pending?

ReputationRep:
    I've been a life-long Londoner. In recent years, I've felt we're on the cusp of another major riot just going by the way large sections of the youth population in this city behave. They have no empathy and do not fear authority. It always surprises me when people proclaim their love for London.
    Fair enough but honestly I do love London, but so many people lost valuable items/family businesses due to people rioting "for the bants" . Something that started as peaceful protest turning radical because people were bored. Its just bad for the few people that do follow the laws really.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough but honestly I do love London, but so many people lost valuable items/family businesses due to people rioting "for the bants" . Something that started as peaceful protest turning radical because people were bored. Its just bad for the few people that do follow the laws really.
    A lot of troublemakers have grown up in environments where the idea of having morals and principles is an alien concept so it is no surprise that they grow up to be people who do not care about the law. But I guess that's what happens when you import large groups of people from the most violent and lawless parts of the world and then hope that they'll simply shed their bad habits because they're now living in the "greatest city on Earth".

ReputationRep:
    A lot of troublemakers have grown up in environments where the idea of having morals and principles is an alien concept so it is no surprise that they grow up to be people who do not care about the law. But I guess that's what happens when you import large groups of people from the most violent and lawless parts of the world and then hope that they'll simply shed their bad habits because they're now living in the "greatest city on Earth".
    Thats very true. Its sad to see tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    There is a reason why those who respect figures in authority do so much better in life than those who constantly try and fight against them.
    Because they are obedient, conformist cowards who complicitly go along with the corruption that those in power proliferate and the brutality they enforce, so they can live an easy life? An empathetic society has to constantly critique those in authoritarian positions and their authoritarian ideologies so that the vulnerable don't get trampled and abused. I would save your respect for people who are kind and generous rather than for authoritarians.

ReputationRep:
    Most rational minded BLM supporters aren't happy when things like this happen though :dontknow:
    "Rational-minded BLM supporters"??

Really??

ReputationRep:
    Most rational minded BLM supporters aren't happy when things like this happen though :dontknow:
    A contradictory statement if ever there was one. One thing to be wary, another to get (prematurely/prejudicially) "unhappy" over the news of someone dying purely because he was black and the pigs were involved :rolleyes:

(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
    He deserved it
    I'm not sure anyone deserves to die, personally, but then I was raised in the Christian tradiation :dontknow:

I personally don't think its fair to call BLM activists muppets
    Ok, thanks for sharing

Spoiler:
    Show
    Was referring to BLM muppets, not all BLM supporters/activists :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    A contradictory statement if ever there was one. One thing to be wary, another to get (prematurely/prejudicially) "unhappy" over the news of someone dying purely because he was black and the pigs were involved :rolleyes:

I'm not sure anyone deserves to die, personally, but then I was raised in the Christian tradiation :dontknow:

Ok, thanks for sharing

Spoiler:
    Show

Was referring to BLM muppets, not all BLM supporters/activists :yy:
    Looool fair enough. Sorry for the misunderstanding

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    ?
    Your first post implied blm supporters froth at the mouth and get excited when things like this happen because it means they get to riot/play victim/etc

Maybe I misunderstood? :dontknow:

(Original post by Dodgypirate)
    "Rational-minded BLM supporters"??

Really??
    Yes really.
    I thought it was wrong to generalise groups based on the actions of a few?

ReputationRep:
    Well at least we don’t have to pay for his jail accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Wow some of the responses are quite disgusting...literally making up an abundance of excuses to justify a police officer killing someone.

yes, idgaf if he was a "thug" or "criminal" or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dot.Cotton)
    He deserved it - disrespect the police and face the consequences. The left are only up in arms about it because of the colour of his skin.
    He deserved to die?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40696004

He choked himself?

IPCC has opened an independent investigation.
    In the video, the police officer was very clearly choking him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    In the video, the police officer was very clearly choking him
    He's restraining the criminal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Wow some of the responses are quite disgusting...literally making up an abundance of excuses to justify a police officer killing someone.

yes, idgaf if he was a "thug" or "criminal" or whatever
    But we don't even know whether the officer killed the thug... If you read the article on BBC, the thug swallowed something.

ReputationRep:
    But we don't even know whether the officer killed the thug... If you read the article on BBC, the thug swallowed something.
    The police chocked him. Anyone with eyes can see that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.