The Student Room Group

What Stationery Do I need at Sixth Form???? Help!

Hi everyone, I needed help on what i should take....like what stationery....for sixth form.....because im hearing a lot about ring binder folders and all and I was a bit confused about what I REALLY need. Because I kind of want to do my Stationery shop early so I get first pick and dont need to worry about it last minute. and I dont want to waste money on things that i wont use. And do you get planners???
Original post by ImReady!
Hi everyone, I needed help on what i should take....like what stationery....for sixth form.....because im hearing a lot about ring binder folders and all and I was a bit confused about what I REALLY need. Because I kind of want to do my Stationery shop early so I get first pick and dont need to worry about it last minute. and I dont want to waste money on things that i wont use. And do you get planners???

i got planners, its probable you will too, only get one once you know college won't provide one.

you'll need;
pen
notepads
binders with dividers
potentially a calculator (if you're doing any science subjects)
highlighters
pencil case

then later for revision i'd recommend flashcards

I think most sixth forms give you a planner however I think having a second is handy for non school activity such as shifts at work or scheduling revision sessions. You will need a lever arch file for each subject and personally I use a second for all my revision materials, so 2 per subject with page dividers. You will need pens - buying a box with many in is a good idea. Coloured pens that you can write with and colour with are helpful for revision. Pencils for graphs, mind maps etc. Ruler is needed. Calculator for maths economics business - what subjects are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some nice fine liners or pens might be good to make notes if you need to. Also if you're doing maths, definitely buy a Casio integration calculator. Trust me, it'll save you wasting marks
Some days I only carry a pen, calculator and some paper.

A good set of stationary will include:

Pens
Paper
Highlighter(s)
Folder per subject (i usually leave these at home. When I get home, I will organise my days worth of notes into their respective folders)
Calculator (if necessary)
Ruler

Tbh, it's just the same as secondary school
Just use what you currently have (pens, pencil. ruler, calculator etc.)...

The only extra things you definitely need that you might not have are pads of A4 paper (Anything less than 80gsm is trash, don't use it.) and a few folders.
Reply 6
Original post by fxlloutboyy
I think most sixth forms give you a planner however I think having a second is handy for non school activity such as shifts at work or scheduling revision sessions. You will need a lever arch file for each subject and personally I use a second for all my revision materials, so 2 per subject with page dividers. You will need pens - buying a box with many in is a good idea. Coloured pens that you can write with and colour with are helpful for revision. Pencils for graphs, mind maps etc. Ruler is needed. Calculator for maths economics business - what subjects are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Im taking Biology, Psychology, English Lit and History.......A Lever arch file for each subject...wow would all 4 fit in my bag??? :smile: Because I ordered like 2 slightly smaller ring binder folders yesterday
Thanks For The help, oh and how about exercise books???
Reply 7
Original post by hamzakalinle
i got planners, its probable you will too, only get one once you know college won't provide one.

you'll need;
pen
notepads
binders with dividers
potentially a calculator (if you're doing any science subjects)
highlighters
pencil case

then later for revision i'd recommend flashcards

Thanksss
Well Im taking Biology, Psychology, English Lit and History.......A Lever arch file for each subject...wow would all 4 fit in my bag??? :smile: Because I ordered like 2 slightly smaller ring binder folders yesterday
Thanks For The help, oh and how about exercise books???

Oh you need a basic calculator for Psychology too. Probably not but unlikely to have all 4 subjects in one day and you should be given a locker. If you're organised you could keep them at home and only carry one folder around, put all work in and fill the folders on an evening. My sixth form use exercise books for lit but personally I prefer lined paper over a book
Reply 9
Oh you need a basic calculator for Psychology too. Probably not but unlikely to have all 4 subjects in one day and you should be given a locker. If you're organised you could keep them at home and only carry one folder around, put all work in and fill the folders on an evening. My sixth form use exercise books for lit but personally I prefer lined paper over a book

thanxxxxx for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just need a pen. Sometimes you don't even need a pen.

I've put up a blog post on what you'll need for starting Sixth Form, with a few product recommendations as well as just general items to get hold of. It might be useful - http://imnotcatherine.blogspot.co.uk...oull-need.html

I'm also looking to do a few posts on things like work layouts, organising yourself, those sort of study advice things if that sounds interesting!

Reply 12
loads of people at my school use a day file, which has at least one divider section for each subject. I tend to empty my day file when a topic has been completed in class and we're about to move on, so I clear my things into my subject binders- definitely get lever arch files as you might end up with loads of handouts from different teachers, and it just takes the pressure off, as well as fitting comfortably in most backpacks.

Quick Reply

Latest