Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will hopefully start my masters in accounting and finance at university of Dundee in January 2018.
    Any advice where i can get a flat/apartments who would allow me to join in as a sharing member.
    Additionally kindly also advice on how easy part time work is to find

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safwaan6677)
    I will hopefully start my masters in accounting and finance at university of Dundee in January 2018.
    Any advice where i can get a flat/apartments who would allow me to join in as a sharing member.
    Additionally kindly also advice on how easy part time work is to find
    I don't know Dundee, so can't comment on availability of housing etc.

But - look into whether the university provides a jobs service for students. My uni has one which basically allows all students to work up to 15-20 hours a week in the cafes, bars, offices, general facilities around campus. Because it's for students only, the competition isn't too stiff, so you can be reasonably sure about getting work. Because it's through the uni, it pays a good hourly rate and you are never pressured into taking on more hours than you can handle alongside your studies.

Some info on my scheme for reference: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/hr/aberworks/

I had a quick look at Dundee - it looks like they may well offer a similar service. It's not entirely clear from the website - I'd advise getting in touch with their careers office to check: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/careers/app...whileyoustudy/

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that.
    Which uni u at ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safwaan6677)
    Thanks for that.
    Which uni u at ?
    Aberystwyth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldender)
    Aberystwyth.
    Hi there,

You got any idea if Bangor university provide the same service ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.