Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

EDUCATION STUDIES Sept 2017 students and previous students Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering if any one here had registered for the education studies degree starting Sept 2017. Hoping to chat to people before we start. Also if anyone knows anyone who has been on this degree before can they tell me what the timetable is like.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    BA or BEd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwardianed)
    BA or BEd?
    BA

ReputationRep:
    In which case, you'll see me in September

As for what the course/timetable is like, my wife finished BA Ed Studies at Derby two years ago, you spend about 20% of your time actually in classes or lectures, but it's the amount of independent study that'll get to you.

It's pretty easy-going in First Year, by the time you're doing your dissertation you'll be working like it's a full-time job, and then some. But like I said, it eases you in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edwardianed)
    In which case, you'll see me in September

As for what the course/timetable is like, my wife finished BA Ed Studies at Derby two years ago, you spend about 20% of your time actually in classes or lectures, but it's the amount of independent study that'll get to you.

It's pretty easy-going in First Year, by the time you're doing your dissertation you'll be working like it's a full-time job, and then some. But like I said, it eases you in.
    Thank you for your reply. I guess all uni similar. Since posting I've been given a timetable which is basically 9 hour of sessions in uni a week. Hopefully will go well for me and I can maintain my job too. Lovely to make contact with someone before Sept.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am starting education studies in september. Would be nice to talk to other people on the course before I go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle Elaine)
    Hi. I am starting education studies in september. Would be nice to talk to other people on the course before I go
    Excellent. Really glad others are on here. Had induction schedule the other day. Can't believe that on the 12th Sept we will be at uni for the first time. Applied for my parking permit on Tues to. It's coming around so fast.

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting on mine as I went through clearing, hopefully I will get it all through in the next couple of days! Where abouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting on mine as I went through clearing, hopefully I will get it all through in the next couple of days! Where abouts are you from?
    Over swarkestone bridge in melbourne. The induction days are 12th,14th and 15th for full time without foundation year. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I am from Cheadle in Stoke. So nervous but excited about starting, went to the open day yesterday so got my bearings. Looking forward to the induction week to meet everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I am from Cheadle in Stoke. So nervous but excited about starting, went to the open day yesterday so got my bearings. Looking forward to the induction week to meet everybody.
    Yea me too. See you wc 11th x Jo

ReputationRep:
    Hello 😊 I will be doing ed studies too, not long to go now! If anybody's interested if you're on Facebook there's a little group chat for the course too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv0512)
    Hello 😊 I will be doing ed studies too, not long to go now! If anybody's interested if you're on Facebook there's a little group chat for the course too x
    Oh that sounds brill is there a link you could post for us to find it.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DerbyWelcome/ this may be useful I just posted on here x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.