Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think Nike/Adidas is considered 'chavy' for girls? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cubone-r)
    Well it's clearly not inappropriate as you are not going to be asked to leave if you turn up like girl A. I've seen people exactly like girl A sitting in lectures.

You have such a strange perception of university life. You definitely haven't been to university yet. When/if you go, you are going to get a massive slap of reality.
    You are free to dress as you want but she abused this freedom.

I've just finished my first year at uni. No big slap of reality really. You are deluded too if you think unis are harsh reality, except the most democratic ones.

ReputationRep:
    A is a definite chav. Don't know about B and C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    You are free to dress as you want but she abused this freedom.

I've just finished my first year at uni. No big slap of reality really. You are deluded too if you think unis are harsh reality, except the most democratic ones.
    That makes your views even more strange. If you think wearing certain items of clothing is abusing your freedom you are insane. Do you ever listen to yourself?

I meant a harsh reality in the sense of actually interacting with people without being a condescending prick, which I imagine is quite hard for you.

Anyway, you are not worth my time. Have a nice life.

ReputationRep:
    That makes your views even more strange. If you think wearing certain items of clothing is abusing your freedom you are insane. Do you ever listen to yourself?

I meant a harsh reality in the sense of actually interacting with people without being a condescending prick, which I imagine is quite hard for you.

Anyway, you are not worth my time. Have a nice life.
    It's abusing the freedom to dress how she wants on campus (ie the absence of a dress code).

No, it isn't unless they are dressed as A.

ReputationRep:
    It's abusing the freedom to dress how she wants on campus (ie the absence of a dress code).

No, it isn't unless they are dressed as A.
    I'm not even trying to be funny anymore you genuinely sound delusional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE 9)
    That's weird, my friend said that guys used to wear adidas and nike (which isn't chavy) then girls followed along and girls wearing adidas/nike is chavy, whereas, a guy wearing adidas/nike isn't considered chavy.
    Makes girls look tom boyish laddettes. Not a cool look tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys and does anyone think girls wearing unbranded, simple jogging bottoms to sixth form (In the winter probably) is inappropiate?

ReputationRep:
    IMO, going off looks alone, C (black hat) is the least chavvy looking, B (jeans) is middle ground/not really, and A is chav central.

ReputationRep:
    But this is the thing people ARE very judgemental at my school (wish they weren't) because once I wore Fila trainers and all the guys bullied me for it and they would say stuff like "Is that all you can afford" and "Your huaraches look sick" (bassicly mocking me for not having huaraches)
    Also, when I was in year 11 most girls in sixth form were wearing adidas or nike clothing, and I feel like if I wear any other brand people would make fun of me. Some people just don't understand how expensive those two brands are :mad2:
    Their clothing is really simple which is why I only wear their caps and trainers. A plain The shirt with a logo for £25? I'm ok thanks is. Not much style and personality to the clothing.

Ted baker, Zara are cloth brands which I wear... Ted baker a bit pricey but some of their clothing ison point. Zara is great because it's cheap and is really stylish.

You shouldve turned up to college with a £750 Versace t shirt wearing your fillas, then see what they think, lol. So pretentious.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replys and does anyone think girls wearing unbranded, simple jogging bottoms to sixth form (In the winter probably) is inappropiate?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Unstylish and meant for sports.

This is a total lack of decency, taste, style and costume.
    It's so bland isn't it? It's like eating raw pasta.

I bet this costs more than C which is so much more aesthetically pleasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    I'm not even trying to be funny anymore you genuinely sound delusional.
    I'm not delusional and you aren't funny (try harder).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    Their clothing is really simple which is why I only wear their caps and trainers. A plain The shirt with a logo for £25? I'm ok thanks is. Not much style and personality to the clothing.

Ted baker, Zara are cloth brands which I wear... Ted baker a bit pricey but some of their clothing ison point. Zara is great because it's cheap and is really stylish.

You shouldve turned up to college with a £750 Versace t shirt wearing your fillas, then see what they think, lol. So pretentious.
    Sorry, which brand are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, which brand are you talking about?
    Nike and Adidas. A large majority of their clothing is just a their big logo branded onto it.

ReputationRep:
    I went to an FE college, nothing wrong with them.
    Then I feel very sorry for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the IT MAN)
    Then I feel very sorry for you
    Why do you feel sorry for me? I had a great time at college.

ReputationRep:
    No, if you feel comfortable in them it doesn't matter either way. But no they aren't "chavy"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.