Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I wanted to start this thread for people interested in applying for a Philosophy joint honours degree at Oxford University. I'm personally interested in applying for philosophy and theology. It would be interesting to see how people are preparing over the summer for PS's and the philosophy test in November.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm not applying for philosophy but if you're interested there's a page on Facebook for all Oxford applicants and there's a group of us who then made a messenger group chat to get to know each other if you wish to join here's a link:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/129353...?ref=bookmarks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watercarrier11)
    So I wanted to start this thread for people interested in applying for a Philosophy joint honours degree at Oxford University. I'm personally interested in applying for philosophy and theology. It would be interesting to see how people are preparing over the summer for PS's and the philosophy test in November.
    Hi! I'm also thinking of applying for the exact same course!
    Which college are you looking at?
    What A levels are you doing?
    I'm quite nervous for the test in November as I can only find one sample paper and I don't know how to prepare! What did you think of the course )

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Also applying for PhilThe, also nervous for the test lmao. Thinking of getting one of my teachers to come up with exam questions to prepare, otherwise have no clue as the test seems to be more based on your skills than knowledge of the subject specifically. Currently doing A levels in English lang, English lit, and religious studies ^^

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm applying for psychology and philosophy (so I don't need to do the philosophy test as I do the TSA!)
    Does anyone wanna make a group chat to discuss philosophy? I never have anyone who wants to talk about and I feel like having someone as equally as interested as me might benefit both of us in preparation for an interview (e.g. Challenging each other's beliefs)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cxletteee)
    Hey, I'm applying for psychology and philosophy (so I don't need to do the philosophy test as I do the TSA!)
    Does anyone wanna make a group chat to discuss philosophy? I never have anyone who wants to talk about and I feel like having someone as equally as interested as me might benefit both of us in preparation for an interview (e.g. Challenging each other's beliefs)?
    Omg yes I feel exactly the same. I wouldn't mind creating a group chat on Facebook for philosophy applicants. If anyone is interested PM me.
    Also just as a background I study psychology, politics and philosophy at A level and did maths last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watercarrier11)
    Omg yes I feel exactly the same. I wouldn't mind creating a group chat on Facebook for philosophy applicants. If anyone is interested PM me.
    Also just as a background I study psychology, politics and philosophy at A level and did maths last year.
    I actually don't have Facebook (the only social media I don't have!) I should probably make it before uni tho. I have whatsapp or Snapchat if anyone wants to talk on that?

I took AS psychology, RS and English and A2 maths in y12 and this year I'm taking A2 psychology, RS and further maths !!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for Philosophy and Linguistics

love philosophy so I'm excited to see if I can get an interview (hopefully it'll be fun) and maybe even a place!

Wondering if anyone else is applying for that course.

Have to sit 2 admissions tests which seems unfair to me...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am applying for Philosophy and Linguistics as well :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.