The Student Room Group

very scared of ex

My boyfriend from uni ignored me for 2 weeks and said he didn't want to be with me because I posted a picture on instagram which was taken of me in a bikini as i was on holiday.
I kept begging him to reply and yesterday he sent me lots of nasty texts threatening that he is going to expose pictures of me, throw acid at me and kill me.
I am really fearful for my life right now and I don't know what to do he messaged me again today saying the same things because I changed my profile picture on instagram. He has always been very controlling and he is a muslim. I am now scared to go back to uni, right now I am safe because I live far away from him. I never told my parents i was with him because he never told anyone about me, now i am going to have to tell them but i know my mum is going to get very stressed and sick. I am also getting physically ill and upset over it all. i don't know where to turn

Scroll to see replies

Don't delete texts.

Report to police.
Send me his insta. I'll have a chat with him.

Edit: If he's Muslim, it'd be easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Wow throwing acid in someone face Is a very serious threat, do you think he seems like he would be capable of this? I would actually show the police these messages. I understand how your worried about telling your mum as you don't want to stress her but you shouldn't be made to feel ill and scared about going into uni. I would block this person and tell/show someone these messages, preferably somebody in authority before it gets out of hand , they are there to help
Reply 4
Firstly involve the police, your parent and the school authority if you attend the same uni as him. Your life is too precious to be wasted by some unsecured boy. He's just a jerk. True love don't send such threats and nasty threat to people. Please dnt delete the text messages he sent you thats your evidence.You are young and beautiful and you will meet much better guy. Your ex is insecured and violent. Girl, dnt want to be around such individual please report him to the authorities so you can be safe. If he really loves you, your relationship wouldn't be kept secret. If you need someone to PM me. Dnt knso worried about. Please I dnt want your case to be like the girl that was killed in Kingston uni because she dated an Arab guy.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend from uni ignored me for 2 weeks and said he didn't want to be with me because I posted a picture on instagram which was taken of me in a bikini as i was on holiday.
I kept begging him to reply and yesterday he sent me lots of nasty texts threatening that he is going to expose pictures of me, throw acid at me and kill me.
I am really fearful for my life right now and I don't know what to do he messaged me again today saying the same things because I changed my profile picture on instagram. He has always been very controlling and he is a muslim. I am now scared to go back to uni, right now I am safe because I live far away from him. I never told my parents i was with him because he never told anyone about me, now i am going to have to tell them but i know my mum is going to get very stressed and sick. I am also getting physically ill and upset over it all. i don't know where to turn

Sounds like a psycho, report him and keep the texts as evidence

I'm so sorry to read that you're going through something like this. As other members have suggested, it would be worth speaking to the police as well as speaking to domestic abuse helplines such as http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/ who will be able to help you. Keep the texts and tell someone close to you (friends or family).
Don't wait for him to apologise and do not 'brush it under the rug.'
You may not even need to tell your mother. Why don't you have a walk down to your local police station and have a chat with an officer? I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you. You may tell yourself that he is just saying those things to scare you. Wouldn't chance it. You mentioned that he is Muslim for a reason. Go with your instinct. He will be the scared one when the police knock at his door.
Do what is right.

Agree with the suggestions so far; keep the messages as evidence, and contact the police about his threats.
Screenshot the texts in case they get deleted and GO TO THE POLICE.
Sounds like some madman :erm:
He is now coming back apologising and saying oh I'll forgive you and that he's been with me a year no point throwing it away as if I want him back!! When I see him I can't stop smiling and I can't help but feel love for him I'm such a mess. He messes with my feelings I know he is abusive but I have no friends at uni so I became dependant on him
He is now coming back apologising and saying oh I'll forgive you and that he's been with me a year no point throwing it away as if I want him back!! When I see him I can't stop smiling and I can't help but feel love for him I'm such a mess. He messes with my feelings I know he is abusive but I have no friends at uni so I became dependant on him

You need to leave him ASAP unless you enjoy being threatened and wish to die anytime soon...
Report him to the police, I repeat others when I say do not delete those texts.
Original post by go_suck_a_dick
My bet
Your doing this just to cause hate on Muslims and i bet your boyfriend isn't muslim

He is a muslim. Not at all you imbecile, I'm just making people aware of our religious differences
Original post by Danny Dorito
I'm so sorry to read that you're going through something like this. As other members have suggested, it would be worth speaking to the police as well as speaking to domestic abuse helplines such as http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/ who will be able to help you. Keep the texts and tell someone close to you (friends or family).

How do I go about contacting the police?? Do I call 999 or 101? How are they going to deal with it if we live in different areas?
Original post by shadowdweller
Agree with the suggestions so far; keep the messages as evidence, and contact the police about his threats.

How do I go about contacting the police? Am I going to have to go to court? Do I ring 999 or 101? I'm really scared I have never had to deal with this before. How are the police going to solve it if we live in different areas?
How do I go about contacting the police?? Do I call 999 or 101? How are they going to deal with it if we live in different areas?

Call 101 and ask for a local police station. If you think an attack is imminent, call 999. Keep safe and tell your family.

The vast majority of victims of domestic abuse feel the exact same way, you aren't the only one. How can he love you if he treats you so poorly and can cause you so much suffering with a click of his fingers? That's not love, I wouldn't treat my enemies that way.

His behaviour was abhorrent, his saying that he forgives you is abhorrent. If you leave him, you'll find another and will have a good chance of being happy, if you stay with him you'll never have that chance.

Close the door on him and never look back. Although I highly recommend reporting him to the police.
He said he has booked a hotel and train to come and see me here, I don't want to see him but he is making me feel guilty by saying that he will waste his money if I don't go. I don't want to go he said he wants to check through my social media and hopes that he won't find any guys on my snapchat and Instagram. He keeps crying when I say I can't go and I also don't wanna go cos my mum is in hospital and I am worried about her

Keep any record of threats you have including texts and take them to the police. You can also show them to the university before you go back, which will hopefully mean they kick him out and you will be safe returning.
I expect he is venting anger and will not actually carry out these threats, but none the less it is a very serious matter and you have every right to feel scared and to report it to the police.

I hate to bring it up, but please also keep any photos you have of yourself that he might have. That way you can use the to do reverse image searches to find them online if he does share them and to give as evidence to the police if necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending