Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

very scared of ex Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He is now coming back apologising and saying oh I'll forgive you and that he's been with me a year no point throwing it away as if I want him back!! When I see him I can't stop smiling and I can't help but feel love for him I'm such a mess. He messes with my feelings I know he is abusive but I have no friends at uni so I became dependant on him
    I know it is hard to leave somebody who was once (and still is) so important to you, but he is not treating you well and if you stay with him it will just get worse. You deserve so much better and can have that if you leave him.
    Do not worry about any threats he may give if you try to leave, just report them and the police can deal with him.
    If he tries to say how much he loves you remind yourself of the cruel things he has said and what he has threatened to do. That is not love.

He is using the fact that you are dependent on him to keep you in that situation, but you are not dependant. You are strong and brave and you can do this. Show him how much better you are than him and do what's best for you.

And, if he did truly love you, you would be doing him a favour by leaving him because it would mean he can't hurt you. If he loves you he will never want to hurt you and will be glad that you protected yourself from him.

There is support out there for victims of abuse (including emotional abuse and manipulation). Feel free to use some of it. Don't be afraid to reach out for support. There is nothing for you to be ashamed of. You have done nothing wrong. You deserve to be happy and safe and you deserve support.

ReputationRep:
    Please keep us updated on your situation so we know you are okay!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.