Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Master in International Relations Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have been offered an unconditional offer from the University of Glasgow, in order to study there International Relations (Msc). But I am greek, so I don't really know if University of Glasgow is famous in this sector or not. Is there that has studied in this University or someone that has some information?

I would really appreciate your help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eirini269)
    Hello,

I have been offered an unconditional offer from the University of Glasgow, in order to study there International Relations (Msc). But I am greek, so I don't really know if University of Glasgow is famous in this sector or not. Is there that has studied in this University or someone that has some information?

I would really appreciate your help!!
    Hey. I'm finishing an MA in International Relations somewhere else, so I know a little about this.

If you want to go by rankings (which are of limited use, admittedly), QS has Glasgow in the top 200 globally for politics/international studies, which is not too shabby.

Glasgow isn't particularly noted for its international relations course, but it is overall an excellent university. It's part of the Russell Group, so it's research-intensive, which is a bonus at PG level.

The course itself looks good - it has research modules rolled into the core content, which, if you're going on to PhD study afterwards, is really important. The school's research interests seem to feature Chinese politics and security studies quite heavily, so good if you're interested in those.

Overall, looks like a very solid course at a great university

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.