Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Iron Fist - Netflix Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watching it? Opinions?

Watching Ep1. Hope it's good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watched it. It was good but not as good as other marvel shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Anybody watching it? Opinions?

Watching Ep1. Hope it's good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I watched all the episodes in a day when it came out. The story is very good but the fighting from Danny is terrible!

You'll like it, for sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoyoyo4)
    I watched all the episodes in a day when it came out. The story is very good but the fighting from Danny is terrible!

You'll like it, for sure
    Slow starter though eh. Giving it a chance though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slow starter though eh. Giving it a chance though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh i'd give it a couple of episodes before you get hooked. If you haven't watched any of the other Marvel shows (Jessico Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil) I'd recommend watching Daredevil - because that's the best one.

Season 1 daredevil is okay but season 2 is

ReputationRep:
    Yh i'd give it a couple of episodes before you get hooked. If you haven't watched any of the other Marvel shows (Jessico Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil) I'd recommend watching Daredevil - because that's the best one.

Season 1 daredevil is okay but season 2 is
    DD I have. Is my fave.. Not keen on JJ, more a girly show. Will give Luke Cage a shot. Big fan of DC, Marvel films less of tv shows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DD I have. Is my fave.. Not keen on JJ, more a girly show. Will give Luke Cage a shot. Big fan of DC, Marvel films less of tv shows.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha that's why I'm staying away from JJ as well. Yh, I prefer DC as opposed to Marvel too - i've seen The Flash, The Arrow and Legends of tomorrow - and can't wait for Justice league.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    It's the weakest of Netflix's Marvel shows, but it's still decent and a necessary watch if you plan on watching Defenders/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha that's why I'm staying away from JJ as well. Yh, I prefer DC as opposed to Marvel too - i've seen The Flash, The Arrow and Legends of tomorrow - and can't wait for Justice league.
    To be honest I'm struggling to see what makes JJ a "girly show" outside of the protagonist having a vagina. It's easily the second best show of the four after Daredevil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    It's the weakest of Netflix's Marvel shows, but it's still decent and a necessary watch if you plan on watching Defenders/

To be honest I'm struggling to see what makes JJ a "girly show" outside of the protagonist having a vagina. It's easily the second best show of the four after Daredevil.
    I agree JJ is probably the least girly. It's more mature than the other shows and actually has a decent antagonist. To say you won't watch a show because the protagonist has a vagina :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Jessica Jones also has the greatest villain by far out of any of the shows mentioned.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Jessica Jones also has the greatest villain by far out of any of the shows mentioned.
    He might even be one of the best MCU villains period.

ReputationRep:
    Iron Fist is okay, took me about 6 episodes to get into it though. I wasn't a big fan of the characters and some of the acting was a bit off as well. Definitely the weakest of the Netflix Marvel series. I would say it's necessary to watch if you plan to watch Defenders, though.

ReputationRep:
    i watched it. didn't think much of it to be honest. The plot was good but the characterisation just felt off, and i cringe whenever danny says "i'm the immortal iron fist". If you really have nothing better to watch, then it's ok i guess. Otherwise you can give this a miss. If you want to follow the plot for the upcoming defenders, just read it on wikipedia & spend you time you save watching something better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)

She has no superpowers. I like my Superheroes to have at least one
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    She has no superpowers. I like my Superheroes to have at least one
    She has super strength and some flight capabilites...

Besides that, A) why would that make her a girly superhero and B) I'm guessing you don't like Iron man or Batman either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    She has super strength and some flight capabilites...

Besides that, A) why would that make her a girly superhero and B) I'm guessing you don't like Iron man or Batman either?
    Batman is an exception
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Batman is an exception
    Well you can try Jessica Jones now that you know it meets your superpower criteria.

ReputationRep:
    I quite liked it, better than the critics said about it. But it isn't as good as the other Defenders.

ReputationRep:
    liked it weaker than the other defenders shows though

ReputationRep:
    Daredevil is the BEST

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.