Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Weird A Level Teacher or Nah Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Hope you are all well.

I've just finished Year 12,looking forward to the Summer while reflecting on the events,challenges and inspiring times of the previous academic year.However,one slightly odd yet recurring thought (should I say person) keeps on popping up during my reflections and it's one of my subject teachers. Now I know teachers can be apart of ones reflections but not in a good way with this particular one.

In this instance,I shall call him Mr.X.
    I've been having Mr.X since Year 9 and up until A Levels he was pretty alright,a firm but fair man whose classes were tolerable for few,including myself.But ever since I've had Mr.X for A Levels, his attitude towards me has been a bit weird. For example,in one lesson he was handing out sheets (He gave one to me already and he knows he did because every time he does, I'm always first) he turned back to me and stared at me for a long while.I've done nothing wrong apart from scratching my shoulder which accidentally showed some skin and some ''under garments''. He kept on staring at me and started walking towards me slowly despite my worksheet being in front of the table where he could see it perfectly. I caught him out by saying ''I'm fine sir'' (might've looked like I was in pain but idk). He then replied ''do you have one of these?'' and I pointed to my original worksheet on the table before he quickly walked back to his desk

.Another weird moment with Mr.X was when we were on a residential trip together with a small group of us,he kept on intruding into some of my conversations as if he was a part of it or thinking he's a good friend of mine. I didn't think it as at all weird until I realised he only did this to me and no one else.
    Now the next fault could be of my own but its entirely up to you.I needed to see my teacher at break to ask him a few things about a piece of work he gave us. I was wearing a slightly low cut,long sleeved top,because I thought why not? Anyway, I saw him talking to a Year 7/8 kid in detention quiet softly and calmly before I politely interrupted. He stared at me for about 7-10 seconds before he started raising his voice at the poor child. After the child ran for his life,out of sirs room, he slowly walked towards me and spoke to me about the work whilst being a little to close to me.(don't think he knows the concept of personal space)
    Also whenever we do speak, he tends to address me in the sentence for example ''blah blah *inserts name* blah'' and only does this to me.

Of course,throughout the Year (and some of Year 11) he kept on staring at me for long periods of time;smiling at me weirdly when we spoke 1-2-1;whenever we see each other in the corridor, he says ''alright'' but in a whisper tone,as if its strange or nervous o say hello to me.

So what do you guys reckon?

Sorry if it seemed waaaaayy to long but there's more,just don't want to drabble on too much and those were the more remembered moments. I also have nothing against him, I like him but out of all of my A level teachers,he's probably the weirdest. :/
    Hope you have a good holiday guys
    But yeah once again sorry for the long post.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, his behaviour does seem a little irregular, but we can't totally make a huge assumption about him just yet. As long as you're still participating in class and getting those grades; anything your teacher does outside of it shouldn't be a huge concern. Though, try to dress 'not as sexy' and try to keep your distance from him to discourage any feelings he may be harbouring.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BowieEldtrich)
    I've just finished Year 12,looking forward to the Summer while reflecting on the events,challenges and inspiring times of the previous academic year.However,one slightly odd yet recurring thought (should I say person) keeps on popping up during my reflections and it's one of my subject teacher. Now I know teachers can be apart of ones reflections but not in a good way.In this instance,I shall call him Mr.X.Ive been having Mr.X since Year 9 and up until A Levels he was pretty alright,a firm but fair man whose classes were tolerable for few,including myself.But ever since I've had Mr.X for A Levels, his attitude towards me has been a bit weird. For example,in one lesson he was handing out sheets (He gave one to me already and he knows he did because every time he does, I'm always first) he turned back to me and stared at me for a long while.I've done nothing wrong apart from scratching my shoulder which accidentally showed some skin and some ''under garments''. He kept on staring at me and started walking towards me slowly despite my worksheet being in front of the table where he could see it perfectly. I caught him out by saying ''I'm fine sir'' (might've looked like I was in pain but idk). He then replied ''do you have one of these?'' and I pointed to my original worksheet on the table before he quickly walked back to his desk.Another weird moment with Mr.X was when we were on a residential trip together with a small group of us,he kept on intruding into some of my conversations as if he was a part of it or thinking he's a good friend of mine. I didn't think it as at all weird until I realised he only did this to me and no one else.Now the next fault could be of my own but its entirely up to you.I needed to see my teacher at break to ask him a few things about a piece of work he gave us. I was wearing a slightly low cut,long sleeved top,because I thought,why not? Anyway, I saw him talking to a Year 7/8 kid in detention quiet softly and calmly before I politely interrupted. He stared at me for about 7-10 seconds before he started raising his voice at the poor child. After the child ran for his life,out of sirs room, he slowly walked towards me and spoke to me about the work whilst being a little to close to me.(don't think he knows the concept of personal space)Of course,throughout the Year (and some of Year 11) he kept on staring at me for long periods of time;smiling at me weirdly when we spoke 1-2-1;whenever we see each other in the corridor, he says ''alright'' but in a whisper tone,as if its strange or nervous o say hello to me.So what do you guys reckon?Sorry if it seemed waaaaayy to long but there's more,just don't want to drabble on too much and those were the more remembered moments. I also have nothing against him, I like him but out of all of my A level teachers,he's probably the weirdest. :/Hope you have a good holiday guys
    Firstly, FCK how much are you writing?
    secondly, tell him mate your being a bit weird and tell him to get his FOOKING SH1T TOGETHER!

ReputationRep:
    Just don't be alone in a room with him...

Bring a friend if you need help on work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BowieEldtrich)
    Hey guys! Hope you are all well.

I've just finished Year 12,looking forward to the Summer while reflecting on the events,challenges and inspiring times of the previous academic year.However,one slightly odd yet recurring thought (should I say person) keeps on popping up during my reflections and it's one of my subject teachers. Now I know teachers can be apart of ones reflections but not in a good way with this particular one.

In this instance,I shall call him Mr.X.
    I've been having Mr.X since Year 9 and up until A Levels he was pretty alright,a firm but fair man whose classes were tolerable for few,including myself.But ever since I've had Mr.X for A Levels, his attitude towards me has been a bit weird. For example,in one lesson he was handing out sheets (He gave one to me already and he knows he did because every time he does, I'm always first) he turned back to me and stared at me for a long while.I've done nothing wrong apart from scratching my shoulder which accidentally showed some skin and some ''under garments''. He kept on staring at me and started walking towards me slowly despite my worksheet being in front of the table where he could see it perfectly. I caught him out by saying ''I'm fine sir'' (might've looked like I was in pain but idk). He then replied ''do you have one of these?'' and I pointed to my original worksheet on the table before he quickly walked back to his desk

.Another weird moment with Mr.X was when we were on a residential trip together with a small group of us,he kept on intruding into some of my conversations as if he was a part of it or thinking he's a good friend of mine. I didn't think it as at all weird until I realised he only did this to me and no one else.
    Now the next fault could be of my own but its entirely up to you.I needed to see my teacher at break to ask him a few things about a piece of work he gave us. I was wearing a slightly low cut,long sleeved top,because I thought why not? Anyway, I saw him talking to a Year 7/8 kid in detention quiet softly and calmly before I politely interrupted. He stared at me for about 7-10 seconds before he started raising his voice at the poor child. After the child ran for his life,out of sirs room, he slowly walked towards me and spoke to me about the work whilst being a little to close to me.(don't think he knows the concept of personal space)
    Also whenever we do speak, he tends to address me in the sentence for example ''blah blah *inserts name* blah'' and only does this to me.

Of course,throughout the Year (and some of Year 11) he kept on staring at me for long periods of time;smiling at me weirdly when we spoke 1-2-1;whenever we see each other in the corridor, he says ''alright'' but in a whisper tone,as if its strange or nervous o say hello to me.

So what do you guys reckon?

Sorry if it seemed waaaaayy to long but there's more,just don't want to drabble on too much and those were the more remembered moments. I also have nothing against him, I like him but out of all of my A level teachers,he's probably the weirdest. :/
    Hope you have a good holiday guys
    But yeah once again sorry for the long post.
    His behaviour does seem slightly weird. But obviously seeing as we werent there, we cant say for definite as we havent seen things for ourselves.
    If you still feel a bit uneasy when you go back- then don't be alone in a room with him. Bring a friend if need be when going to see him for help with work.
    If you feel really uneasy when you go back- then speak to another teacher/member of staff about it.

ReputationRep:
    This is very worrying behaviour from this heinous villainous teacher, DO YOU WANT ME TO BEAT THE KOOL-AID OUT OF HIM
    Also the way you were dressed isnt the problem, if he cant control himself or anyone cant control themselves and respect you when youre dressed sexily then they slacking.

Brush off the haters, stay flawless and SLAYYYYYYYY

PEACE OUT HOMOS

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys Its BowieEldtrich but on her older acount.What I forgot to mention is:-He called me Lovely-Does he like me?-has a weird smile whenever we talk about what music,films etc we like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Locyce)
    Erm, his behaviour does seem a little irregular, but we can't totally make a huge assumption about him just yet. As long as you're still participating in class and getting those grades; anything your teacher does outside of it shouldn't be a huge concern. Though, try to dress 'not as sexy' and try to keep your distance from him to discourage any feelings he may be harbouring.

Good luck
    This is completely besides the point and has no relevance in the situation

OP, it doesn't sound too weird from what you've said but definitely keep an eye on the situation and report him if he crosses a line/makes you feel uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    So he looked at you a few times, asked if you had a worksheet and spoke to you during a residential trip? Oh and he also says hello in the corridor? Wow. He must be in love with you. I pity male teachers. There is nothing concerning here at all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.