Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Received a call from a scammer Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So yesterday I was just doing my business at home when I got a call from my "bank", it said that my account was in danger of getting hacked and that I needed to transfer my money to a different account, they asked me for my name and surname so I gave them both my name and surname because what harm could they possibly do right? Then they asked me for my account number and as soon as they asked that I realized it was a scam but I wasn't going to hang up on the *****, I proceeded into playing dumb and just gave random numbers as my account number, they then asked for my PIN and I pretended to have lost my pin, this whole conversation kept on going for over an hour until in the end I told the scammer to **** off and suck my ****, the scammer then went into full rage mode saying he will **** my mum blah blah.... and then he hung up.

I am so glad I wasted these *****'s time so they would have less time and money to scam somebody else. Did you ever receive a call from a scammer, if so how did you react?

ReputationRep:
    Never had one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    So yesterday I was just doing my business at home when I got a call from my "bank", it said that my account was in danger of getting hacked and that I needed to transfer my money to a different account, they asked me for my name and surname so I gave them both my name and surname because what harm could they possibly do right? Then they asked me for my account number and as soon as they asked that I realized it was a scam but I wasn't going to hang up on the *****, I proceeded into playing dumb and just gave random numbers as my account number, they then asked for my PIN and I pretended to have lost my pin, this whole conversation kept on going for over an hour until in the end I told the scammer to **** off and suck my ****, the scammer then went into full rage mode saying he will **** my mum blah blah.... and then he hung up.

I am so glad I wasted these *****'s time so they would have less time and money to scam somebody else. Did you ever receive a call from a scammer, if so how did you react?
    Lol, but you also wasted an hour of your own time (still funny though)
    I receive a few, but just end the call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)

I want to rep you, but I have had calls from different numbers, but I never received them because am not at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unnamed User)
    Lol, but you also wasted an hour of your own time (still funny though)
    I receive a few, but just end the call
    I honestly wasn't doing much at the time, was on the sofa just looking at my laptop so I decided to entertain myself by wasting their time in a conversation
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Happens a lot, just ignore & block the number but if you're curious, type the phone number into the "who called me" website which will usually say if its a scam or a weird call.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.