?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
title
Moonstruck16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For some people, Imperial will be the better choice, for others, UCL. Also, Imperial doesn't have as many courses as UCL so that automatically means a large proportion of students considering UCL to be the better university or them. I got offers from both, had my heart set on Imperial, went to the offer holder open day and realised I hated it so chose UCL. I've never regretted my choice.
epistasis
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonstruck16)
For some people, Imperial will be the better choice, for others, UCL. Also, Imperial doesn't have as many courses as UCL so that automatically means a large proportion of students considering UCL to be the better university or them. I got offers from both, had my heart set on Imperial, went to the offer holder open day and realised I hated it so chose UCL. I've never regretted my choice.
What did you not like about the offer holder day? I didn't go to it but I'm going there in September hopefully
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by epistasis)
What did you not like about the offer holder day? I didn't go to it but I'm going there in September hopefully
It was the atmosphere of the place. I got there and I just didn't like it, then I went to the UCL offer holder day and fell in love. Imperial felt so sterile. Also, my friend (she's a qualified doctor now) had a offer from Imperial for medicine and rejected it because apparently everybody there was so snobbish that it put her off completely.
epistasis
Rep:
?
It was the atmosphere of the place. I got there and I just didn't like it, then I went to the UCL offer holder day and fell in love. Imperial felt so sterile. Also, my friend (she's a qualified doctor now) had a offer from Imperial for medicine and rejected it because apparently everybody there was so snobbish that it put her off completely.
Mine is for medicine as well, where did she go instead out of interest?
Moonstruck16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by epistasis)
Mine is for medicine as well, where did she go instead out of interest?
She studied at King's. Do you have offers from UCL and Imperial for medicine then?
epistasis
Rep:
?
She studied at King's. Do you have offers from UCL and Imperial for medicine then?
Meh for me when I went to KCL open day I hated the atmosphere and far preferred Imperial, UCL, Barts so I guess each has their own taste
safari24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My friend and I accepted our offers to Imperial.
Everything about Imperial is great; my department is cutting edge and the staff are friendly. But we both agree that other universities probably have a more friendly student body.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish