Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently live in Brighton, where i have done my whole life. I am going to study physiotherapy as of Sep 2017. I originally applied for both UWE and Brighton uni. Uwe offered me a place which i have accepted and Brighton did not offer me a place. I have since got my results and done much better then expected. Brighton have places available via clearing and i now have decision of whether to apply for Brighton via clearing, or to stick to UWE which will involve me moving much further away. Any previous experiences and advice regarding either Uni would be great. Obviously i know a little more about Brighton uni being from there. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    UWE seems to be higher-ranked and have a slightly higher student satisfaction. So, I might suggest UWE. I also heard Bristol is a great city to live and it will give you new skills and connections to move elsewhere. The best thing to do is go to an open day to both or just visit and go with your gut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstonham94)
    I currently live in Brighton, where i have done my whole life. I am going to study physiotherapy as of Sep 2017. I originally applied for both UWE and Brighton uni. Uwe offered me a place which i have accepted and Brighton did not offer me a place. I have since got my results and done much better then expected. Brighton have places available via clearing and i now have decision of whether to apply for Brighton via clearing, or to stick to UWE which will involve me moving much further away. Any previous experiences and advice regarding either Uni would be great. Obviously i know a little more about Brighton uni being from there. Thanks
    The fact you're doubting your firm with UWE now that you have an option to go to Brighton says to me that having been offered a place at both you probably would have chosen Brighton. Don't settle. If you're someone (like me) who likes being close to surroundings you know, family and friends then respect that. I knew a lot of friends who felt similarly and moved too far and ended up dropping out and reapplying to a close-to-home uni.

Choose what will make you happiest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.