Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I have a question regarding those who are in the UK on a limited stay. Mine is on behalf of my friend anyways. They made an application for Visa last year since they overstayed. Long story short. They applied for a course prior to their application. They received an offer from the uni which later turned unconditional. Now their question is if they paid the tuition fees, first of all, how much will they have to pay i.e. Will it be the typical £9250 or the international fees amount? Secondly their visa (2.5 years) expires six months (December) before the end of the course (third year) so if they go ahead and tell the uni that they want to do the course, will they let them in the course once he pays the fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous_34)
    Hi everyone. I have a question regarding those who are in the UK on a limited stay. Mine is on behalf of my friend anyways. They made an application for Visa last year since they overstayed. Long story short. They applied for a course prior to their application. They received an offer from the uni which later turned unconditional. Now their question is if they paid the tuition fees, first of all, how much will they have to pay i.e. Will it be the typical £9250 or the international fees amount? Secondly their visa (2.5 years) expires six months (December) before the end of the course (third year) so if they go ahead and tell the uni that they want to do the course, will they let them in the course once he pays the fees?
    It depends where they are from as to weather they'd pay international fees or not but i believe if they're outside of the UK then yes it'll be international fees.

The uni will let them do the course once they've paid the fees however the uni aren't going to be able to let them stay past their visa expires so they won't be able to finish the course. As they've overstayed before its very likely immigration will pick up on the fact that they overstayed and be keeping a close eye on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    It depends where they are from as to weather they'd pay international fees or not but i believe if they're outside of the UK then yes it'll be international fees.

The uni will let them do the course once they've paid the fees however the uni aren't going to be able to let them stay past their visa expires so they won't be able to finish the course. As they've overstayed before its very likely immigration will pick up on the fact that they overstayed and be keeping a close eye on them.
    Thanks for a swift reply. But will they let them do the course if they apply for the extension and get their visa extended? They're from China by the way and they will be looking to renew their visa 3-4 months prior to their expiry date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous_34)
    Thanks for a swift reply. But will they let them do the course if they apply for the extension and get their visa extended? They're from China by the way and they will be looking to renew their visa 3-4 months prior to their expiry date?
    I can't see them having an issue with it but obviously it depends if they get the visa extended or not having overstayed previously..
    From china would be international fees

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.