Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Over 18s - what is your BMI (and your age)? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You can calculate it here if you don't know: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

ReputationRep:

Why is this restricted to uni students?

ReputationRep:
    16.3 :erm:

It was 15 for a while so I've improved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)

Why is this restricted to uni students?
    Because younger students likely have lower ones, I am interested in how I compare... Actually, wait ... just changed the title.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Bout tree fiddy

ReputationRep:
    20 years old, 5'3 and my BMI is 22.

I'm working on losing weight though because I am not satisfied with my body, I used to have a BMI of 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    20.1 and I m 22
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and mine's 18.7, I need to lose some fat and gain some muscle though :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    20.2 and I'm 18

ReputationRep:
    18 and my BMI is 20.6

ReputationRep:
    26 and 26.6 though it's not fat

Before folk start on BMI, any medical professional who has ever weighed me (my BMI has been up to 29) has looked at me and recognised it's not concerning- doctors and nurses tend to be clever like that
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:

Gainz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    26 and 26.6 though it's not fat

Before folk start on BMI, any medical professional who has ever weighed me (my BMI has been up to 29) has looked at me and recognised it's not concerning- doctors and nurses tend to be clever like that
    BMI doesn't mean **** when it comes to health. Anyone with a substantial amount of muscle will have a high BMI

ReputationRep:
    BMI doesn't mean **** when it comes to health. Anyone with a substantial amount of muscle will have a high BMI
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about but folk use this as a reason to completely dismiss BMI. When actually it's really obvious from looking at someone if they are too fat or if it's because they have above average muscle mass and BMI does the job for the majority of people
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There's some evidence to suggest if you go over 30, no matter how you're much muscle you have to have negative effects on your health. Not many people are >30 and a) natural and b) not fat though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Durhamgirl96)
    20 years old, 5'3 and my BMI is 22.

I'm working on losing weight though because I am not satisfied with my body, I used to have a BMI of 17.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Assuming you have some muscle, that BMI is near perfect for your height imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    There's some evidence to suggest if you go over 30, no matter how you're much muscle you have to have negative effects on your health. Not many people are >30 and a) natural and b) not fat though
    If you are over 30 and have muscle, chances are you have a bit of excess fat too which can be remedied. Unless you are extremely big boned. Are you still natural

ReputationRep:
    Are "big bones" a serious thing? What does that even mean?

ReputationRep:
    18 and my bmi is 18.5

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.