Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Alice's Awesome Summer Bucket List (hopefully) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I have decided to be brave and enter. I have never done anything like this before so here goes. My list aims to help me to be more positive this summer by doing going on adventures (hopefully), learning and trying new things and just doing the best I can to make it a great summer.

Black = not started
    Green = started
    Red = completed

1. Find at least 5 geocaches.
    2. Get a cactus. :tumble:
    3. Go to at least 5 new places.
    4. Give up chocolate for at least a week.
    5. Get a job.
    6. Go camping.
    7. Learn how to make at least 5 oragami animals.
    8. Cycle route 21.
    9. Go to the zoo. :elefant:
    10. Be more active.
    11. Go somewhere new.
    12. Have an adventure
    13. Read the lord of the rings triology.
    14. Swim, Run and Cycle on the same day.
    15. Donate money to charity.
    16. Look into volunteering.
    17. Bake something once a week.
    18. Learn how to play a new board game.
    19. Try a new badminton club.
    20. See my university friends.

I hope I can achieve this - I may add more if allowed. I will update on my progress as regularly as I can.

See you soon.

Alice. :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    ok good luck then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    YASS! Lord of the Rings!

Have you read it before?

ReputationRep:
    No but I've always wanted to!!!

ReputationRep:
    An update on my progress so far:

Activity 2 - Get a Cactus = complete
    I am now the proud owner of a cactus, it is pretty cute!! I mean who doesn't like a cute cactus (they are all cute right?) :badger:

Activity 5 - Get a Job = complete
    After searching for a permanent job for a while I have managed to a get a temporary job which I start next week, which is pretty cool. :bl:

Activity 7 - Learn to make at least 5 Origami animals = complete

I found this alot more challenging than I expected, as there are alot more origami things to learn than anticipated. It was really fun to make the animals and I am hoping to make lots more things such as more animals, flowers and shapes. I learnt how to make an angel fish, a shark/dolphin, a crab, a bird and a frog. I have attached a picture at the bottom of the so you guys can see some of my creations. I found the frog the most difficult as there is loads of different folding techniques involved.:llama:

Activity 20 - See my university friends = complete

On Saturday 5th August I took a trip to Nottingham for my friends hen do and so saw them for that. It was great to have a day and night out with them all as it made me realise how much I miss them and need to make an effort to see them more as they make me happy. On the Sunday, I went to see my friend in Birmingham, which was interesting as my original train was cancelled so ended up having to go to Chesterfield and go from there. This made me an hour late!! The whole weekend was awesome and am sad its all over, but excited to see them all next week for my friends wedding. :clap2:
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.