Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    any advice or experiences from doing physio at either of the above uni's would be great as unsure which uni to go to.

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstonham94)
    any advice or experiences from doing physio at either of the above uni's would be great as unsure which uni to go to.

Thanks
    I cant say much about the course but I did my undergrad (and currently doing my Masters) at UWE.

The uni is great and Bristol is an awesome place to live and has a great night life

Physiotherapy is taught at Glenside right? Seems like a nice campus. Only been to it once! My BA was at Frenchay and my MA is at Bower Ashton/City Campus

Cant say much about Brighton but it is where TSR HQ is

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Got the predicament of choosing between the "Uni life" in Bristol, which i must admit i got a good feel from, when attending my interview and then received an offer. Or applying for Brighton through clearing as they previously didnt offer me a place, however ive since received good grades. The campus for Brighton is in Eastbourne, which is a place with nothing really happening however i will be closer to family and girlfriend. Some thinking to do! Uni life or family!?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Got the predicament of choosing between the
    No problem

Did you finish your reply btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    No problem

Did you finish your reply btw?
    Just Edited it, my phone didnt wanna send it all for some reason
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Got the predicament of choosing between the "Uni life" in Bristol, which i must admit i got a good feel from, when attending my interview and then received an offer. Or applying for Brighton through clearing as they previously didnt offer me a place, however ive since received good grades. The campus for Brighton is in Eastbourne, which is a place with nothing really happening however i will be closer to family and girlfriend. Some thinking to do! Uni life or family!?

hmm..Bristol does have a good student life and nightlife! (Has a nightclub on a boat!)

if Brighton previously didnt offer you a place , it could be risky going to them through clearing I think.

I understand why you are thinking of Brighton but I would choose uni life as you only have one chance at that. if you also had an offer from Brighton, however I would say Brighton. I wouldn't risk going through clearing myself but maybe one of our Clearing & Applications could advise you better than I can? Reality Check

ReputationRep:
    hmm..Bristol does have a good student life and nightlife! (Has a nightclub on a boat!)

if Brighton previously didnt offer you a place , it could be risky going to them through clearing I think.

Thanks for tagging me in

I understand why you are thinking of Brighton but I would choose uni life as you only have one chance at that. if you also had an offer from Brighton, however I would say Brighton. I wouldn't risk going through clearing myself but maybe one of our Clearing & Applications could advise you better than I can? Reality Check

Thanks
    What's more important to you - university 'life' or quality of the course and teaching?

ReputationRep:
    A mix of both, probably the social side slightly more? from what i understand the teaching level for physiotherapy is equal if not slightly better at UWE? which i believe would also offer a better Uni life.
    Can i pick your brains regarding applying for Brighton via clearing? Firstly is it actually applicable to apply for a course at a uni which has already rejected me? (I believe it is?)
    Also if i apply and am not successful will i have given up my place at UWE which i have already firmly accepted.

Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A mix of both, probably the social side slightly more? from what i understand the teaching level for physiotherapy is equal if not slightly better at UWE? which i believe would also offer a better Uni life.
    Can i pick your brains regarding applying for Brighton via clearing? Firstly is it actually applicable to apply for a course at a uni which has already rejected me? (I believe it is?)
    Also if i apply and am not successful will i have given up my place at UWE which i have already firmly accepted.

Thanks in advance
    I can answer this bit. You would have to get UWE to release into clearing (which they technically dont have to) before you could apply to Brighton so yes, you would have given your place at UWE up.

ReputationRep:
    I can answer this bit. You would have to get UWE to release into clearing (which they technically dont have to) before you could apply to Brighton so yes, you would have given your place at UWE up.
    Oh ok, i think thats pretty much solved my problem then! UWE it is!

Thanks for clearing that up.

ReputationRep:

No pun intended
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

No problem

I'd invest in a bike btw as the buses in Bristol are awful

No pun intended
    :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.