Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I always the awkward-one of the group? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    I was looking at restaurant waitering when looking but a lot required some form of experience in a customer service. So I looked at maccies hoping to gain basic customer service skills which has worked
    Oh right. I am glad it all worked out. As long as you're happy that's what counts in life.

(Original post by Withengar)
    Every group needs an awkward friend. Otherwise the very fabric of our reality would collapse into an endless void.
    but im sick of it being me!! so in summary that's why i have no friends.

Can I be ugly and still have friends?????? by ugly i mean stretching at 1.5/10 and thats for pitty x

Guys..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys..........
    Honestly yes absolutely u just have to find people that u really enjoy spending time with, if u enjoy spending time with them they will likely enjoy spending time with u.
    Defo get involved in sports if gets u fit, u make friends, u learn new skills and u gain confidence. I'm not sure if ur English or American but get ur self involved in group sports, u may not like it at first and find it difficult to talk to people but eventually u will gain a team of friends, and if anything gain social experience.
    Find friends which appreciate u, don't waste ur time with people who throw u aside. But don't undervalue relationships with people, u might think they don't like you but often for awkward like me, we often overthink things and think no one really likes us, when actually they do. Just for an example one time someone was a complete ******* to me, I went off upset, I thought I was a complete insignificant nobody, but so many people supported me, so many people stood up for me, and I am the most awkward person you will find, but being awkward isn't a bad thing.

(Original post by AKB2000)
    Honestly yes absolutely u just have to find people that u really enjoy spending time with, if u enjoy spending time with them they will likely enjoy spending time with u.
    Defo get involved in sports if gets u fit, u make friends, u learn new skills and u gain confidence. I'm not sure if ur English or American but get ur self involved in group sports, u may not like it at first and find it difficult to talk to people but eventually u will gain a team of friends, and if anything gain social experience.
    Find friends which appreciate u, don't waste ur time with people who throw u aside. But don't undervalue relationships with people, u might think they don't like you but often for awkward like me, we often overthink things and think no one really likes us.
    ok ty but with me being 1.5/10, I find it incredibly hard approaching good looking people?!!! I get all shy, and act weird !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ok ty but with me being 1.5/10, I find it incredibly hard approaching good looking people?!!! I get all shy, and act weird !!!!!!!
    That's me as well. I say the dumbest weirdest things, but that's what makes me, me. I've just accepted it, and I don't think it will ever change. I am shy but at the end of the day u just have to make the effort to talk to people, put urself out there.

ReputationRep:
    And if ur appearance is really stopping u from making friends, then change it, if u want to get fit then go to the gym, if u want to look nicer get a job, look up outfit styles and buy new outfits, get a haircut. Just don't do this for anyone else. Do this if u think that u will feel better for yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.