Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in the same boat? They had some spots last year, I'm doubtful (but stil hoping) that there will be spots this year... But is anyone able to shed some light into what to do/expect?

Like can we message unis to see if they will be going into clearing?

I am biomedical science graduate so will be looking for the Grad entry courses, but to be honest, I will take ANYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nehal:))
    Anyone in the same boat? They had some spots last year, I'm doubtful (but stil hoping) that there will be spots this year... But is anyone able to shed some light into what to do/expect?

I am biomedical science graduate so will be looking for the Grad entry courses, but to be honest, I will take ANYTHING.
    SGUL will be entering clearing this year for MBBS 5:
    https://sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing

ReputationRep:

It doesn't hurt to try, so yeah, keep in regular contact with them by email and phone! I know Plymouth & Exeter offered some places a couple of years ago to students who hadn't even previously applied to them! I sincerely hope you get in but never give up on your dream!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Last year St Georges did say they were going to go into clearing but this year it doesn't look like any unis have gone into clearing, they gave out like twice as many offers as the number of places.

ReputationRep:
    I contacted them and they said Grads need GAMSAT to be considered

ReputationRep:

Grad is too competitive for clearing unfortunately
    Will you re-apply? Don't be disheartened because there will be 500 more med placed next year and a new GEM course in Scotland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgoundry)
    I contacted them and they said Grads need GAMSAT to be considered
    Is this for medicine at SGUL? Does this information apply for the undergraduate entry (5 year), or graduate entry (4 year) course?

I didn't know whether the grad entry course is in clearing, or whether they accept graduate applicants onto the undergraduate course?

ReputationRep:
    Yes my impression was that all grads applying to St George's need GAMSAT - I was enquiringly about the A100

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool is in clearing too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickie89uk)
    Liverpool is in clearing too
    Yup just saw that. Do they require ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    They do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bz47)
    Yup just saw that. Do they require ukcat?
    I believe so I thu k it will be the UKCAT your sat for this year entry so I doubt you'll have to sit it again

ReputationRep:
    I believe so I thu k it will be the UKCAT your sat for this year entry so I doubt you'll have to sit it again
    I've not done it f
    thanks are you thinking of applying thru clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bz47)
    I've not done it f

thanks are you thinking of applying thru clearing?
    Can not believe how illiterate I was in my previous post, that is what happens when you multitask hahah....
    I did not apply this year but I am following to see what happens this year in preparation for 2018 entry

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help Anyone thinking of calling any other unis on the off chance theyll consider people? I was thinking Plymouth as thats where I did my undergrad.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the help Anyone thinking of calling any other unis on the off chance theyll consider people? I was thinking Plymouth as thats where I did my undergrad.
    Are you a graduate
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

We've recently published a page on Medicine Clearing which should help with the process if some of you are thinking about it for tomorrow!

Hope this helps!
    The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bz47)
    Are you a graduate

I am. I studied an ungraduate degree in biomedical science at Plymouth University.

ReputationRep:
    I've been following medical schools giving out interviews during the clearing period and have seen that Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Hull-York, Sheffield, & St Georges have all definitely had vacancies, so maybe not as rare as they seem

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle was in clearing for medicine on results day and I missed it only sent to people who signed up for clearing alerts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.