Nehal:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone in the same boat? They had some spots last year, I'm doubtful (but stil hoping) that there will be spots this year... But is anyone able to shed some light into what to do/expect?

Like can we message unis to see if they will be going into clearing?

I am biomedical science graduate so will be looking for the Grad entry courses, but to be honest, I will take ANYTHING.
med2017
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nehal:))
Anyone in the same boat? They had some spots last year, I'm doubtful (but stil hoping) that there will be spots this year... But is anyone able to shed some light into what to do/expect?

I am biomedical science graduate so will be looking for the Grad entry courses, but to be honest, I will take ANYTHING.
SGUL will be entering clearing this year for MBBS 5:
https://sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/clearing
games211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It doesn't hurt to try, so yeah, keep in regular contact with them by email and phone! I know Plymouth & Exeter offered some places a couple of years ago to students who hadn't even previously applied to them! I sincerely hope you get in but never give up on your dream!
WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Last year St Georges did say they were going to go into clearing but this year it doesn't look like any unis have gone into clearing, they gave out like twice as many offers as the number of places.
drgoundry
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I contacted them and they said Grads need GAMSAT to be considered
manicmedic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Grad is too competitive for clearing unfortunately
Will you re-apply? Don't be disheartened because there will be 500 more med placed next year and a new GEM course in Scotland
Amedic
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by drgoundry)
I contacted them and they said Grads need GAMSAT to be considered
Is this for medicine at SGUL? Does this information apply for the undergraduate entry (5 year), or graduate entry (4 year) course?

I didn't know whether the grad entry course is in clearing, or whether they accept graduate applicants onto the undergraduate course?
drgoundry
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes my impression was that all grads applying to St George's need GAMSAT - I was enquiringly about the A100
vickie89uk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Liverpool is in clearing too
bz47
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vickie89uk)
Liverpool is in clearing too
Yup just saw that. Do they require ukcat?
pixelchick10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They do
vickie89uk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bz47)
Yup just saw that. Do they require ukcat?
I believe so I thu k it will be the UKCAT your sat for this year entry so I doubt you'll have to sit it again
bz47
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe so I thu k it will be the UKCAT your sat for this year entry so I doubt you'll have to sit it again
I've not done it f
thanks are you thinking of applying thru clearing?
vickie89uk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bz47)
I've not done it f

thanks are you thinking of applying thru clearing?
Can not believe how illiterate I was in my previous post, that is what happens when you multitask hahah....
I did not apply this year but I am following to see what happens this year in preparation for 2018 entry
Rep:
?
Thank you for the help Anyone thinking of calling any other unis on the off chance theyll consider people? I was thinking Plymouth as thats where I did my undergrad.
bz47
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for the help Anyone thinking of calling any other unis on the off chance theyll consider people? I was thinking Plymouth as thats where I did my undergrad.
Are you a graduate
The Medic Portal
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all!

We've recently published a page on Medicine Clearing which should help with the process if some of you are thinking about it for tomorrow!

Hope this helps!
The Medic Portal
Rep:
?
(Original post by bz47)
Are you a graduate

I am. I studied an ungraduate degree in biomedical science at Plymouth University.
drgoundry
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been following medical schools giving out interviews during the clearing period and have seen that Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Hull-York, Sheffield, & St Georges have all definitely had vacancies, so maybe not as rare as they seem
BlueSpikes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Newcastle was in clearing for medicine on results day and I missed it only sent to people who signed up for clearing alerts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads