Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgoundry)
    I've been following medical schools giving out interviews during the clearing period and have seen that Newcastle, Liverpool, Leeds, Hull-York, Sheffield, & St Georges have all definitely had vacancies, so maybe not as rare as they seem
    Sheffield were not in clearing for Medicine they were in clearingwith medical courses I.e. Genetics

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield held medical a100 interviews on Friday and Monday - I was considered for one

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield held medical a100 interviews on Friday and Monday - I was considered for one
    They said on their website they are not open to clearing as they had lots of applications this year and have filled their places so did you applying through clearing

ReputationRep:
    I phoned Sheffield early last week, along with every other Med school I met the criteria for. They were taking candidate details and told me that if i was considered the two interview dates would be Friday and Monday (today). Unfortunately my A level chemistry grade wasn't high enough even though I've now got a 2:1 in Biomedical Sciences. I'm going to do an MRes at Imperial from September and consider re-applying for medicine.

ReputationRep:
    I phoned Sheffield early last week, along with every other Med school I met the criteria for. They were taking candidate details and told me that if i was considered the two interview dates would be Friday and Monday (today). Unfortunately my A level chemistry grade wasn't high enough even though I've now got a 2:1 in Biomedical Sciences. I'm going to do an MRes at Imperial from September and consider re-applying for medicine.
    That's so weird because I phoned sheffield on results day and they said unless someone from the medical admissions teams contacted you then there were no spaces left on the course. Never took any details from me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymity12345)
    That's so weird because I phoned sheffield on results day and they said unless someone from the medical admissions teams contacted you then there were no spaces left on the course. Never took any details from me

It's odd that so many med schools have offered peope spaces in clearing, however only 2 universities had it publicly on UCAS, the rest weren't well known. I think that's very unfair.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it's very unfair, but it definitely pays off to keep in touch with admissions at all the major touch points

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.