Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Access to HE diploma in Midwifery Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was just wondering whether somebody could help me and give me some advice. I am looking to a apply to an access to he diploma in midwifery course online as i believe i am better suited to it rather than studying at a college.

However, the courses i have looked at i am not sure whether they are legit or not and i do not want to be wasting my time.

I have looked at courses on
    -Stonebridge
    -Learndirect
    -Harriet Ellis
    -Distance Learning Centre

Please could you offer me some help and guidance and also whether you have studied on any of the sites and how the experience was for you.

Thank you for your help in advance! xxx
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by kirstydaniel)
    Hi,

I was just wondering whether somebody could help me and give me some advice. I am looking to a apply to an access to he diploma in midwifery course online as i believe i am better suited to it rather than studying at a college.

However, the courses i have looked at i am not sure whether they are legit or not and i do not want to be wasting my time.

-Stonebridge
    -Learndirect
    -Harriet Ellis

Please could you offer me some help and guidance and also whether you have studied on any of the sites and how the experience was for you.

Learn direct tends to be pretty reputable and are a big organisation.
    I havent heard of the others.

Maybe you can join the RCN forums to see who have used them or they can give you contact details of previous students?

Might do some digging later.

Also do check the admission criteria of the universities you intend to apply to.

Maybe contact some of these student midwives?

https://www.rcm.org.uk/reps-and-bran...midwives-forum

https://www.rcn.org.uk/get-involved/...idwifery-forum

ReputationRep:
    Distance Learn Center is legit. However, the materials provided help you with the quick self assessments, but for the actual assessments you're mostly given questions and one your own for finding answers. Often the actual assessments are only slightly related to what you actually were taught (and by taught, I mean what was covered in the pdf they gave you.) That said, it's an access course, so if it means you can go to uni, go for it. When I spoke to the unis I'm interested in they said it doesn't matter which provider I study with, just my grades.

ReputationRep:
    hey I've just made a YouTube video talking about my experience with the access to he diploma and the distance learning centre, you might find that useful https://youtu.be/9OTVcz_sgTg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstydaniel)
    Hi,

-Stonebridge
    -Learndirect
    -Harriet Ellis

I've just made a video talking about my experience studying with the distance learning centre https://youtu.be/9OTVcz_sgTg hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.