Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Apparently I am interesting, AMA. Watch

Announcements

I'm 20 years old, male, and I've been told by people (friends, people I've just met etc) that I am probably the most interesting person they know, I don't divulge a lot about myself but I sound smart because I can string sentences together.

AMA.

ReputationRep:
    Demonstrate.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, people you met must have boring lives then

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel like is your duty now to keep people interested in a conversation?

(Original post by BTAnonymous)
    Demonstrate.
    I just know random crap, like how Tigers whiskers can detect pulse and so they are used so the tiger can inflict the most damage with their bite, that's why you see their head slightly move just before they actually bite.

Or just in general I know a little bit about everything, so i can hold a conversation one most things brought up (within reason). A lot of it is down to me being quiet, but when I do speak up it's because I know what I am talking about..

I realise this makes me sound like a tool, I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything like that, I just wanted to do an AMA.

(Original post by rnineirnee)
    Do you feel like is your duty now to keep people interested in a conversation?

No because I usually am very quiet.. it's easy to sound intelligent when you don't speak up much, and choose your words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just know random crap, like how Tigers whiskers can detect pulse and so they are used so the tiger can inflict the most damage with their bite, that's why you see their head slightly move just before they actually bite.

Or just in general I know a little bit about everything, so i can hold a conversation one most things brought up (within reason). A lot of it is down to me being quiet, but when I do speak up it's because I know what I am talking about..

I realise this makes me sound like a tool, I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything like that, I just wanted to do an AMA.
    I thinks that pretty cool. Every conversation you have will be something unexplored and unique.

I wish I was kind of like you; all I want to talk about is solving the world's problems in engineering lmfao.

(Original post by BTAnonymous)
    I thinks that pretty cool. Every conversation you have will be something unexplored and unique.

I wish I was kind of like you; all I want to talk about is solving the world's problems in engineering lmfao.
    I do that too, 90% of my conversations with my parents, in particular my father because we are so similar (but grew up at different times, so we have different opinions) end in an argument. I will usually go on about the problems, why certain businesses fail, why people fail, why they succeed, what makes someone millions, what's the difference between going to college and not going to college when you consider the mentality of a lot of people who do not go to college, obvious their ambitions are not going to be the same as those who went, their level of intelligence may differ etc but what if someone who was smart and driven did not go to college..

See my father believes you should go to college because it's here for you. I disagree on the importance of getting degree.
    He does not care for money (but we are not poor) so we usually argue. But for someone who hates small talk as much as I do I'm pretty good at it, and quizzes, everyone wants me on their quiz team.
    National Animal of Scotland, Unicorn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do that too, 90% of my conversations with my parents, in particular my father because we are so similar (but grew up at different times, so we have different opinions) end in an argument. I will usually go on about the problems, why certain businesses fail, why people fail, why they succeed, what makes someone millions, what's the difference between going to college and not going to college when you consider the mentality of a lot of people who do not go to college, obvious their ambitions are not going to be the same as those who went, their level of intelligence may differ etc but what if someone who was smart and driven did not go to college..

See my father believes you should go to college because it's here for you. I disagree on the importance of getting degree.
    He does not care for money (but we are not poor) so we usually argue. But for someone who hates small talk as much as I do I'm pretty good at it, and quizzes, everyone wants me on their quiz team.
    National Animal of Scotland, Unicorn.
    My dad just lectures me on everything. He wants me to have a prosperous future because he comes from a poor country and has done extremely well for himself here in the UK but wants to see his children financially secure and happy

And I love quizes! Especially general knowledge as I start to get competitive! My thirst for knowledge starts to take over then lol

A unicorn?! Lmao, that's so cool!

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on no fap

ReputationRep:
    wOw, hoW do I become as kEwL as yUo?

(Original post by Dominoes)
    Thoughts on no fap
    I've actually looked into it, Pingy a guy on youtube does a video on his mentality behind the whole nofap along with drugs and alcohol here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5xDPS58hs

It may not be everyones cup of tea but he does have some fair points.

Personally, I see the benefits, it's really just a form of self disciple, and self discipline is what makes a difference in life, no matter what it may be.
    So if people see no fap as a positive thing, it's because of the discipline behind it.
    I don't know as far as actual benefits in relation to hormones, chemicals, change in mentality but the psychological effect is pretty obvious, if you refrain from 'jerking off', you have more time to do other things, as pingy said in the video great ideas come from moments of boredom (and I'll add discomfort to that), fapping is a way to blow off steam, it's a way to pull yourself (hehe) from the current situation you are in and focus on a moment of short term pleasure.
    It's simply procrastinating.
    So I'm pro no Fap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.