Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent relationship advice help!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You and him need to talk... u need to tell him how you feel ... if u tell him sternly it is less likely he will do it again... if it does do it again... maybe question how far do you see this relationship going... etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Aha we went for like pasta and food like that? What does that mean that we went for pasta then?
    Ahh this is bad news that he went for pasta because it shows he went for something that wasn't unique and a simple Italian. it's a casual food so he thinks of the date as a casual encounter. If he went for something unique like a Turkish or Japanese then it shows he wants a unique and fun experience. PASTA THE GUY REALLY DOESN'T GIVE A SHITE

(Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    You and him need to talk... u need to tell him how you feel ... if u tell him sternly it is less likely he will do it again... if it does do it again... maybe question how far do you see this relationship going... etc.
    I just spoke to him. He basically rejected what i was saying like putting it down. Like it was only for a few minutes, i was just joking stuff like that?

ReputationRep:
    I just spoke to him. He basically rejected what i was saying like putting it down. Like it was only for a few minutes, i was just joking stuff like that?
    Tell Him that YOU dont find it funny and it is hurtful

(Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    Tell Him that YOU dont find it funny and it is hurtful
    I just told him that lets see what he says. But like all that he's replying is just an 'explanation' of what he did. Basically just taking everything i said and making it into something so pointless that i look ridiculous for bringing it up

ReputationRep:
    I just told him that lets see what he says. But like all that he's replying is just an 'explanation' of what he did. Basically just taking everything i said and making it into something so pointless that i look ridiculous for bringing it up
    U need to be stern about it... pm me whenever u need help

ReputationRep:
    Thats true. Thats maybe why im reluctant to tell him because thats just who he is. I dont want him to completely change just for me. I just think that like yeah he's a jokey person because thats just his friendship group but when it comes to me it should be serious right, well not totally but more serious. Do you think he's inadvertently treating me as a mate? Because you know what guys are like they rip into each other no harm done
    no, i don't think he's 'treating you as a male' because like, how does one even do that? there's no way to treat you as a male. if he's still kissing you, taking you out, sleeping with you, i'd say you're fine and you just need to talk to him.

(Original post by whoknowsreally)
    no, i don't think he's 'treating you as a male' because like, how does one even do that? there's no way to treat you as a male. if he's still kissing you, taking you out, sleeping with you, i'd say you're fine and you just need to talk to him.
    I said mate not male aha. Like treating me like im just one of his boys

ReputationRep:
    Is it his first relationship? Maybe he just doesn't know how to be romantic and a bit more serious? Or maybe he is scared of acting this way as he is afraid of his own, potentially serious feelings towards you and therefore it's important to him to carry on being a lad, even around you? [ Sorry for the amateur psychoanalysis].

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i was thinking!! Like this is such 10 year old stuff so immature right?!
    I guess some people just can't stop themselves and don't know it when they've crossed the boundary. I mean, I do take digs at my girlfriend quite often just to spice things up, but hey... I'm not trying to host a 24/7 roast fest. I also know for a fact that my girlfriend enjoys this and will have a comeback hitting twice as hard within seconds.

It really depends on the relationship and the other person to be honest. It shows how compatible you are with him. Making fun of each other is working out for my current relationship, but definitely had no place in my previous one. I mean...I made fun of an ex once because she thought we had a world war 3 already, and she got mad and literally ignored me (even when we see each other at uni) for 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Just talk...

Tell him exactly how that makes you feel. If he really likes you, he'll try to improve. If he doesn't, then what's the point of being in a relationship with him if you're not happy in it?
    I agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. How do i talk about it without making him go on the defensive side
    Can't really help there. That's where a lot of relationships fail, not being able to talk to eachother. My partner and I just say what is on our minds and don't get defensive about anything, we just talk it out.

(Original post by markova21)
    Is it his first relationship? Maybe he just doesn't know how to be romantic and a bit more serious? Or maybe he is scared of acting this way as he is afraid of his own, potentially serious feelings towards you and therefore it's important to him to carry on being a lad, even around you? [ Sorry for the amateur psychoanalysis].
    He was in a relationship maybe over two years ago but that was in school. Aha no worries i like the psychoanalysis

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.