Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cinderella.09 - Lottie's Summer Bucket List 🌸🌻🌿🌙☀️💖 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_9875.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  586.3 KB

I love making lists and I love having goals to achieve so bucket lists may be one of my favourite things. It's like having lots of new years resolutions any time of the year but with less pressure.

I've had a troublesome year so this summer could not have come soon enough. I begin my second year at University in Cornwall in September. I wanted to make a summer bucket list because these goals will be harder to achieve once autumn term starts. Things like travelling, investing in hobbies and fun activities will be harder to commit to when coursework and revision come my way.

Even if I do not complete all of these goals I have set myself, the act of writing them down motivates me to try to do little things each day that make me happy or help me succeed in doing something that I have wanted to do. It will encourage me to live in the present more and be aware of my surroundings so that my life does not fade away, hours do not pass by without me knowing, without me enjoying my life or making any difference in the world. I don't want to be a spectator in my own life, the supporting actor. I want to be the star, the 'leading lady'. So this is the first step.

Now after all that unexpectedly DEEP waffle, here is my summer bucket list.

Key: BLACK = not completed. ORANGE = in progress. GREEN = completed. BLUE = details given in the comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Make fruity ice-lollies.

2. Go to a festival.

3. Have a movie marathon.

4. Have a sleepover.

5. Explore a whole new city for the day.

6. Take a spontaneous train journey and hop off at a random station that takes my fancy.

7. Take part in the 'Positive Post-It' campaign and leave positive and inspiring messages in random places.

8. Have a picnic.

9. Go horse-riding.

10. Start reading Harry Potter.

11. Write a poem.

12. Write a blog post about finishing my first year of University.

13. Bake a dessert.

14. Decorate my new bedroom at University.

15. Create a piece of art.

16. Plan a solo trip to a different country.

17. Try Japanese food.

18. Volunteer at an animal shelter.

19. Write a short story.

20. Visit a National Trust site.

21. Try therapy.

22. Have a BBQ.

23. Have a bonfire.

24. Sleep under the stars on the beach.

25. Go camping.

26. Go to the cinema solo.

27. Go to a bar solo.

28. Go sailing.

29. Watch Game of Thrones.

30. Stay sober over summer.

31. Tie-dye something.

32. Learn to code. [26/07 UPDATE]

33. Learn to drive.

34. Start journaling and organise my diary.

35. Have a proper English afternoon tea.

36. Sing at a karaoke.

37. Dye my hair.

38. Learn Spanish.

39. Start dating.

40. Start running/biking every day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see how this thing goes!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinderella.09)
    x
    Good luck! Hope you have a fun summer!

#39 is interesting, are you going to sign up to dating sites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Good luck! Hope you have a fun summer!

#39 is interesting, are you going to sign up to dating sites?
    Thank you! You as well.

Well I've never had much luck with dating sites. I very much prefer meeting someone face to face as personality tells me so much more about a person than appearance. Over the last few months I've sort of wanted a break from looking for somebody but now I think I'm ready to again. So yeah, haha 😅

ReputationRep:
    x
    Aww, sounds really fun!
    How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    Aww, sounds really fun!
    How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm 23 🙂

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 🙂
    That's nice wishing you all the best for your summer!

ReputationRep:
    That's nice wishing you all the best for your summer!
    Thanks. I'm getting off to a good start. I've signed up to codeacademy.com and looking forward to learning some stuff. I was really interested in coding in high school 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm getting off to a good start. I've signed up to codeacademy.com and looking forward to learning some stuff. I was really interested in coding in high school 🙂
    Ooooh coding?
    Are you hoping to use that as your career?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh coding?
    Are you hoping to use that as your career?
    No, I'm actually doing a science degree, hopefully to work in a marine biology career. But I love doing hobbies completely different, and coding has always interested me 🙂

ReputationRep:
    If you want to learn to code, I suggest this:
    https://www.edx.org/course/introduct...8888_Skimlinks

You can also download the "edx app" which has thousands of courses for not only computing but other fields as well.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm actually doing a science degree, hopefully to work in a marine biology career. But I love doing different hobbies completely different, and coding has always interested me 🙂
    That's good being able to do different things...
    Marine biology sounds great, hope your career goes successfully for you!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    If you want to learn to code, I suggest this:
    https://www.edx.org/course/introduct...8888_Skimlinks

You can also download the "edx app" which has thousands of courses for not only computing but other fields as well.

Good luck!
    Awesome, thanks!!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_9875.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  586.3 KB

I love making lists and I love having goals to achieve so bucket lists may be one of my favourite things. It's like having lots of new years resolutions any time of the year but with less pressure.

I've had a troublesome year so this summer could not have come soon enough. I begin my second year at University in Cornwall in September. I wanted to make a summer bucket list because these goals will be harder to achieve once autumn term starts. Things like travelling, investing in hobbies and fun activities will be harder to commit to when coursework and revision come my way.

Even if I do not complete all of these goals I have set myself, the act of writing them down motivates me to try to do little things each day that make me happy or help me succeed in doing something that I have wanted to do. It will encourage me to live in the present more and be aware of my surroundings so that my life does not fade away, hours do not pass by without me knowing, without me enjoying my life or making any difference in the world. I don't want to be a spectator in my own life, the supporting actor. I want to be the star, the 'leading lady'. So this is the first step.

Now after all that unexpectedly DEEP waffle, here is my summer bucket list.

Key: BLACK = not completed. ORANGE = in progress. GREEN = completed.

1. Make fruity ice-lollies.

2. Go to a festival.

3. Have a movie marathon.

4. Have a sleepover.

5. Explore a whole new city for the day.

6. Take a spontaneous train journey and hop off at a random station that takes my fancy.

7. Take part in the 'Positive Post-It' campaign and leave positive and inspiring messages in random places.

8. Have a picnic.

9. Go horse-riding.

10. Start reading Harry Potter.

11. Write a poem.

12. Write a blog post about finishing my first year of University.

13. Bake a dessert.

14. Decorate my new bedroom at University.

15. Create a piece of art.

16. Plan a solo trip to a different country.

17. Try Japanese food.

18. Volunteer at an animal shelter.

19. Write a short story.

20. Visit a National Trust site.

21. Try therapy.

22. Have a BBQ.

23. Have a bonfire.

24. Sleep under the stars on the beach.

25. Go camping.

26. Go to the cinema solo.

27. Go to a bar solo.

28. Go sailing.

29. Watch Game of Thrones.

30. Stay sober over summer.

31. Tie-dye something.

32. Learn to code.

33. Learn to drive.

34. Start journaling and organise my diary.

35. Have a proper English afternoon tea.

36. Sing at a karaoke.

37. Dye my hair.

38. Learn Spanish.

39. Start dating.

40. Start running/biking every day.

Let's see how this thing goes!

Hey Hey!

Your bucket list is looking aaaaawesome! Can you let me know which of the three threads you'll be using? Just so we know which one to consider for judging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlinkyBill)
    Hey Hey!

Your bucket list is looking aaaaawesome! Can you let me know which of the three threads you'll be using? Just so we know which one to consider for judging.
    I will be using this one here. This is the thread I've linked to on the official completion page. I've tried deleting the other two threads and hopefully that will be done soon.

But yes, definitely this thread here is the one for the competition. Thanks for checking.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I will be using this one here. This is the thread I've linked to on the official completion page. I've tried deleting the other two threads and hopefully that will be done soon.

But yes, definitely this thread here is the one for the competition. Thanks for checking.
    Perfect! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    DAY 3 UPDATE:

32: Learn to code.

I have, over the past few days, begun teaching myself how to code via codeacademy.com. It's a fantastic website and really easy to use. I'm currently halfway through the 'Learn HTML and CSS' course and excited to keep going and take on different and more advanced courses.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 21.41.22.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  303.4 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.