Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do think I failed my grade 3 piano? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When I did my exam, it was the worst I had ever played. I couldn't find my nail flippers until just before so every time I practiced my hands would hurt. The piano had tiny keys, and it was difficult to make a sound. I left my sheet music at home, so I was doing it from memory. This didn't worry me, because some of my best practices were without music. Only I forgot what I was doing and had to restart the pieces three times and I sung like a chicken. I've never been this bad before in my life. Please be honest, does it sound like I passed or failed?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatsumiFujita)
    When I did my exam, it was the worst I had ever played. I couldn't find my nail flippers until just before so every time I practiced my hands would hurt. The piano had tiny keys, and it was difficult to make a sound. I left my sheet music at home, so I was doing it from memory. This didn't worry me, because some of my best practices were without music. Only I forgot what I was doing and had to restart the pieces three times and I sung like a chicken. I've never been this bad before in my life. Please be honest, does it sound like I passed or failed?
    I once took a grade 3 singing exam; one of the tests was to clap to the beat of the song as soon as I recognised what it was.

I didn't, and kept clapping randomly until the end of the song.

Still passed.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Dont get too worked up about it. I had my grade 8 exam and probably messed up somehow on every single piece. On one of my pieces i turned to the wrong page and just completely froze and didnt know what to do. I was so nervous and was literally shaking when i was playing. I was 100% that i had failed or only just passed but actually i got a high merit, nearly a distinction so you never know

ReputationRep:
    Aural exams are literally the devil. **** those mann.
    I thought I was taking an instrument exam, not an exam in my ****ing god awful singing.
    I was doing Grade 5 exams, and at that level, they give you sheet music to sing from! Are you dizzy fam? I can't even make those notes, let alone sing them from sheet music. Man just sung the tune from some random song from the radio, I didn't even wait for him to correct me (normaly if you sing a wrong note, they play the correct note on the piano). This guy was hitting notes on the piano, and I wasn't even stopping, I just wanted to get it over with. It's pretty funny when I look back at it. At the end the guy gave me this dirty look like I was a downy 6 year old trying to take A Levels and I just smiled at him.

I was nervous when the results came in. I got a below pass for the aural section (which is just fail), but still passed overall, with a few marks to spare.
    That was a madness. Hope my experience cheers you up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.