The Student Room Group

Do think I failed my grade 3 piano?

When I did my exam, it was the worst I had ever played. I couldn't find my nail flippers until just before so every time I practiced my hands would hurt. The piano had tiny keys, and it was difficult to make a sound. I left my sheet music at home, so I was doing it from memory. This didn't worry me, because some of my best practices were without music. Only I forgot what I was doing and had to restart the pieces three times and I sung like a chicken. I've never been this bad before in my life. Please be honest, does it sound like I passed or failed?
Original post by KatsumiFujita
When I did my exam, it was the worst I had ever played. I couldn't find my nail flippers until just before so every time I practiced my hands would hurt. The piano had tiny keys, and it was difficult to make a sound. I left my sheet music at home, so I was doing it from memory. This didn't worry me, because some of my best practices were without music. Only I forgot what I was doing and had to restart the pieces three times and I sung like a chicken. I've never been this bad before in my life. Please be honest, does it sound like I passed or failed?

I once took a grade 3 singing exam; one of the tests was to clap to the beat of the song as soon as I recognised what it was.

I didn't, and kept clapping randomly until the end of the song.

Still passed.

Good luck!
Dont get too worked up about it. I had my grade 8 exam and probably messed up somehow on every single piece. On one of my pieces i turned to the wrong page and just completely froze and didnt know what to do. I was so nervous and was literally shaking when i was playing. I was 100% that i had failed or only just passed but actually i got a high merit, nearly a distinction so you never know
Aural exams are literally the devil. **** those mann.
I thought I was taking an instrument exam, not an exam in my ****ing god awful singing.
I was doing Grade 5 exams, and at that level, they give you sheet music to sing from! Are you dizzy fam? I can't even make those notes, let alone sing them from sheet music. Man just sung the tune from some random song from the radio, I didn't even wait for him to correct me (normaly if you sing a wrong note, they play the correct note on the piano). This guy was hitting notes on the piano, and I wasn't even stopping, I just wanted to get it over with. It's pretty funny when I look back at it. At the end the guy gave me this dirty look like I was a downy 6 year old trying to take A Levels and I just smiled at him.

I was nervous when the results came in. I got a below pass for the aural section (which is just fail), but still passed overall, with a few marks to spare.
That was a madness. Hope my experience cheers you up.

Quick Reply

Latest