Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if this was possible, for which unis and how I would go about getting one.
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by asdfghjkk)
    I was just wondering if this was possible, for which unis and how I would go about getting one.
    Thanks
    Do you mean before or after your actual grades are known?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjkk)
    Thanks
    People will be able to get unconditional offers if they have already completed their A Levels and have already got their grades confirmed. Otherwise, pharmacy is a pretty competitive degree so it can be difficult to achieve an unconditional without your results. Whilst it's not strictly unheard of to get unconditional offers for pharmacy, it will be considerably more difficult to get one compared to less competitive degrees such as photography or fine art for example. The likelihood of a university giving you an unconditional also relies on how many applicants the university gets and how your application compares to their average applicant. So for example, if the entry requirement grades are BBC for example, and you are targeted A*AA, it's more likely that you will receive an unconditional offer.

It is also important to consider that not all universities will give unconditional offers to pharmacy - a lot of work is required to complete the degree so they are careful only to select the ablest applicants.

What I'd advise is not to strive for an unconditional offer because if you don't get one you'll feel disappointed! But also, think about why you want an unconditional - is it just for the prestige, a safety net, or do you think you'll be unable to reach the entry requirement grades? I think you should focus on making your university application as good as you can, but don't be disheartened if you don't get an unconditional. You need to work hard throughout year 12 and 13, first and foremost to ensure you are ready for what the degree has in store.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.