The Student Room Group

did I cheat?

okay so a few days I was at a club drinking and hanging out with friends. just to say me and my boyfriend have had issues for the past 4 months and I always contemplated breaking up with him but I always give him a chance even when he treats me real bad (I'm not gonna say what he does but let's just say it is real BAD) we have been together for 2 years btw

anyway the other day I was speaking to this guy and I was very sexually attracted to him and he was attracted to me too. we were just talking. before we did anything I just went to the bathroom and texted my boyfriend and told him it was over but he hadn't replied at that minute and he didn't see it either anyway I came back the chat continued with the guy and we had sex.

tbh I didn't feel bad at all. I enjoyed my self. but anyway I gave the guy my number. i came back home and my ex boyfriend was asking me why did I break up with him blah blah.i told him my reasons and kicked him out.

now is this considered cheating? coz after a minute of telling my boyfriend it's over,over text which he didn't see I had sex with another guy. thoughts?.. (btw Im not intending on telling my ex I had sex with another guy it's none of his business)

Scroll to see replies

It's not cheating in my opinion, but it can be considered cheating since when you came back he was like why did you break up with me? So you were kind of his gf at that time.
Reply 2
No cause you didn't yourself with him anymore
Original post by Anonymous
okay so a few days I was at a club drinking and hanging out with friends. just to say me and my boyfriend have had issues for the past 4 months and I always contemplated breaking up with him but I always give him a chance even when he treats me real bad (I'm not gonna say what he does but let's just say it is real BAD) we have been together for 2 years btw

anyway the other day I was speaking to this guy and I was very sexually attracted to him and he was attracted to me too. we were just talking. before we did anything I just went to the bathroom and texted my boyfriend and told him it was over but he hadn't replied at that minute and he didn't see it either anyway I came back the chat continued with the guy and we had sex.

tbh I didn't feel bad at all. I enjoyed my self. but anyway I gave the guy my number. i came back home and my ex boyfriend was asking me why did I break up with him blah blah.i told him my reasons and kicked him out.

now is this considered cheating? coz after a minute of telling my boyfriend it's over,over text which he didn't see I had sex with another guy. thoughts?.. (btw Im not intending on telling my ex I had sex with another guy it's none of his business)

Honestly no i dont. Lets be real the relationship was over way before that night, you just didnt have it in you to break up with him yet. Even though its right on the boundary i think that its ok because you told him its over. Whether he replies or not it is over, you dont need to him to respond to confirm that you are no longer together. And by the sounds of it if your ex was treating you that badly then im surprised you didnt sleep with someone else sooner. Screw your ex, lifes too short
Original post by cmcdonald
Honestly no i dont. Lets be real the relationship was over way before that night, you just didnt have it in you to break up with him yet. Even though its right on the boundary i think that its ok because you told him its over. Whether he replies or not it is over, you dont need to him to respond to confirm that you are no longer together. And by the sounds of it if your ex was treating you that badly then im surprised you didnt sleep with someone else sooner. Screw your ex, lifes too short

When i say screw your ex. I dont mean literally lol
it isnt. not that it matters anyway, doesnt sound like you thought he was worth loyalty.
technically no because you said it was over but your ex may not want to get back with you after that who knows.
lets be honest. you made a quick decision due to the person you were with. if that guy wasn't there you wouldn't have broken up. you only did it since you were trying to validate what you were doing so you didn't have a guilty conscience
Reply 8
"These hoes ain't loyal"
Original post by lmaofolks
lets be honest. you made a quick decision due to the person you were with. if that guy wasn't there you wouldn't have broken up. you only did it since you were trying to validate what you were doing so you didn't have a guilty conscience

OR seeing how good someone else could've made him/her feel in contrast to the *****y treatment from his/her significant other could have contributed to it also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Durhamgirl96
OR seeing how good someone else could've made him/her feel in contrast to the *****y treatment from his/her significant other could have contributed to it also.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep.
Original post by Anonymous

We'll it was all done in haste. To me it just shows how quickly you'll jump on such an opportunity and that you took the immature way out of it. I'd see you as less tbh.
I mean it's not a proud moment, but not technically cheating.
Breaking via text msg is a cowards way. We don't know all the facts why he was treating you badly, highly possible that you were treating him badly too, however, your actions show that you are not a victim, you are certainly a coward, but not a victim.
Answering to your question, it is hard to give 'yes' or 'no' answer. Theoretically, you were not cheating, but practically you did cheat on him.
Yes I believe you did. Your ex did not get the message before you slept with the other guy. And just because your ex did some 'very bad things' doesn't make you less of a cheat.

Break up with people- in person. THEN sleep with whoever you please :smile:
Practically you did cheat because you took an interest in this new guy way before 'breaking up' with him. The only way you pursued it was by texting him that it was over. So yes and no..
Technically, no, as you you text him with the break up message beforehand. But jumping into bed with some other guy directly after, or as the catalyst for the break up, still makes you look like a *****y person and not exactly trustworthy.
Original post by kydzoster
Breaking via text msg is a cowards way. We don't know all the facts why he was treating you badly, highly possible that you were treating him badly too, however, your actions show that you are not a victim, you are certainly a coward, but not a victim.
Answering to your question, it is hard to give 'yes' or 'no' answer. Theoretically, you were not cheating, but practically you did cheat on him.

highly possible I was treating him badly? what makes you say that Sherlock? i know i said i wouldn't say what he has done but he did beat me up and cheat on me multiple times however I haven't done that. EVER. don't jump to conclusions when you don't know the full story. pfft.
if it is not cheating what is?
Original post by kydzoster
That is your own fault and stupidity that you allowed it to happen and stayed with him. Which proves you are a coward and ...

so it's my fault he beat me up and cheated on me? no wonder many victims of domestic violence don't come out and tell anyone. its because of people with a mindset like yours. victims are a coward in your eyes yeah?. Do yourself and the world a favour and go educate yourself. (you are again jumping to conclusion without knowing the full story)

Quick Reply

Latest