Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you get into dentistry through clearing if your predicted grades are not what is required but you pass your ukcat and at the end of year 13 you get 3 A's in the right subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QMM)
    Can you get into dentistry through clearing if your predicted grades are not what is required but you pass your ukcat and at the end of year 13 you get 3 A's in the right subjects.
    isn't dentistry usually a very oversubscribed course?

Here's the clearing search - http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...e&SubjectCode=

ReputationRep:
    I think most unis have a waiting list of candidates they chose to interview so I think they would contact them first .if you haven't applied at all this cycle I can't see how you would get in through clearing sorry but with the grades in hand you could apply next year.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with redhelen, most unis have a waiting list, so people who have had interviews but didnt get an offer are asked first as they are ranked in order too. Its very unlikely if you have not applied to the uni they are not going to be given a place through clearing, even if you have the grades. defo apply for the following cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QMM)
    Have you ever considered Studying Dentistry abroad, somewhere like Bulgaria? The course is recognized by the GMC which means you don't have to take any exams when you come back to the UK in order to practice! I'm sure if you pass the entrance test with high enough grades you will have a high chance of getting in. I think Universities are still taking applicants for a september entry. I went through Tutelage who pretty much done my whole application process for me and even traveled with me to Bulgaria to find accommodation and settle me in!

ReputationRep:
    med2478 - how is/was the experience?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.