Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Huel? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody tried this stuff?

It looks good, but I'm worried about the cost since I'm trying to sort out a 3500-4000 calorie diet for uni, student budget of course. £1.33 for 500 calories seems like a bit much but it might be quite convenient when I have long days. I already take a food supplement that gives me a great vitamin and mineral profile.
    I'd end up taking this stuff twice a day.

If you've tried it, did you think it's worth it?
    • Community Assistant

I tried it but personally didn't like it, I just felt hungry and didn't really like the taste, although I know there's new flavours now.

I would recommend trying it as I do know it works for some people so it could work for you

ReputationRep:
    I've not tried it because I can spare time to prep meals much easier than hat amount of money. The price is just silly when you look at what's in it- oats, protein powder and flaxseed are the bulk of it. Go to aldi, get oats and flax (linseed) and order your protein from one of the usual online place, put it all in a blender with your liquid and done. I've not done the maths but I think it's safe to assume that's cheaper

ReputationRep:
    I used it last year while I was doing my masters at uni because I didn't always want to cook and cooking felt like a waste of time. This is what I found.

Pros:
    -Saves a lot of time as you don't have to cook
    -Reasonably healthy, easy way to get a fairly nutritious "meal" in
    -Taste is not too bad, I would say it grows on you though
    -Cheaper than buying food
    -Can consume it while continuing to work / on the go
    -It is vegan

Cons:
    -Not as satisfying / filling as a meal
    -Taste gets boring after a while
    -It is still quite expensive for what it is

General advice:
    If you're going to get it, I would mix it with a blender as it doesn't always mix that well in a shaker (you may end up with lumps). Also, use cold water, not room temperature, as it will taste better. The flavour sachets you can get are a good idea to add variety, as the standard vanilla is very plain. You can purchase a trial packet of all the flavours before you get a big bag of a certain flavour. I recommend the rhubarb & custard though! I used mine instead of cooking an evening meal, but I didn't use it every night. I don't think I would use it to replace all my meals as it would be so, so boring.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.