The Student Room Group

DSA Laptop

I was awarded DSA last August for my first year at uni. Part of my award was a laptop with software to assist with my health issues.

However in January of this year the laptop slowed to such a degree it was becoming unusable as well as just shutting down or freezing at random times and then it stopped recognising my printer and wouldn't reinstall it.

Added to this I never actually received the training required to know how to use this software.

So in January I just bought a new laptop for personal use, I did need one and used it for uni work as well. This is despite me paying out £200 for the DSA one.

Fast forward to now and I am having to take the first year of my course again and it would be useful to have a DSA working laptop for my uni work.

How is it best to proceed with this issue? I don't have any faith in the laptop they have given me any longer, as part of my health conditions is anxiety then constantly being anxious while studying is counter productive.

Would DSA change my laptop or I am stuck with one I have no faith in at all?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Original post by vsl_2603
I was awarded DSA last August for my first year at uni. Part of my award was a laptop with software to assist with my health issues.

However in January of this year the laptop slowed to such a degree it was becoming unusable as well as just shutting down or freezing at random times and then it stopped recognising my printer and wouldn't reinstall it.

Added to this I never actually received the training required to know how to use this software.

So in January I just bought a new laptop for personal use, I did need one and used it for uni work as well. This is despite me paying out £200 for the DSA one.

Fast forward to now and I am having to take the first year of my course again and it would be useful to have a DSA working laptop for my uni work.

How is it best to proceed with this issue? I don't have any faith in the laptop they have given me any longer, as part of my health conditions is anxiety then constantly being anxious while studying is counter productive.

Would DSA change my laptop or I am stuck with one I have no faith in at all?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

You'll need to contact the people who supplied your laptop and ask them to have a look at it.
Hi vsl_2603,

You should have had insurance and warranty supplied for the equipment - most likely for the entire length of your course.

As long as your warranty is still in date, contact the company which supplied your equipment and they will take a look.

They may do this remotely or if they can't fix it that way they'll send out a courier to pick up the machine for inspection and fix.

Please make sure to backup any important information on the device before sending it off for repair.

Thanks,

Jay

iansyst Ltd

Quick Reply

Latest