(Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    It's one of the best copypastas.
    sheikh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    sheikh?
    Sup.

ReputationRep:
    A woman can be Doctor Who but not leader of the Labour Party, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Sup.
    get rid of the name

ReputationRep:
    If women wanted equality, it would be called equalisism, not feminism - most women (not including myself) want special treatment, not equal rights.

ReputationRep:
    In the UK and large parts of the Western world at least, they have all the same rights a man does. Women/girls are outperforming boys at all levels of education and a larger proportion of women are attending university than men and completing their degrees. They can have both a career and children and are often the favourite to win custody battles (as mentioned previously). The gender pay gap is now non-existent. There are now women only scholarships into the STEM fields and girls only taster sessions to get them into the sciences. They have the freedom to choose their own partner and terms of their employment. The list goes on...

Western women are some of the most privileged women in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    get rid of the name
    Why.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense that you're a PS reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Women do not have the right to become a sperm donor :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    The simple fact that feminists don't want to acknowledge is that men and women are essentially equal in western countries. The only arguments put forward by modern feminism fall in to one of three categories:
    1. Trivial anecdotes which can't be evidenced
    2. Disproved myths
    3. Women's issues caused by things other than sexism

ReputationRep:
    Women have the same rights, but I'd actually argue that they're better-off in society.

What if I told you there was a demographic that, despite living longer, being less likely to experience murder or a violent crime, and is less likely to be homeless or commit suicide, actually receives more charity focus, social care, healthcare spending and greater social protection than the other half of the population? And when commiting the same crimes, this demographic receives something like 60% less jail time. Additionally, despite comprising the majority of university students, this demographic has access to more scholarships and support programs, and the very notion of doing the same for the other half of the population would be considered offensive.

This demographic also receives a hugely disproportionate amount of mainstream coverage on its problems, despite most being trivial, exaggerated, or shared with the other half of the population.

That demographic is women: the most pampered and protected "second class citizens" in the Western world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Women as a whole? Lots
    Deets fam

5/10 female
    Quite funny, NGL, albeit most likely indicative of a passive aggressive narky little geek/douchebro who can't get laid on account of his dire personality/social ineptitude/entitlement complex (delete as appropriate) :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. I think I may be 'Travis' :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Deets fam
    Do you really need to be told about women's rights under Islamic rule?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right of course, the world stops because the "law" has it written down, and the world revolves wholly around the law.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really need to be told about women's rights under Islamic rule
    Society sub-forum, on .co.uk site famalam: answers pertaining to the UK only, please. Many thankings :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Society sub-forum, on .co.uk site famalam: answers pertaining to the UK only, please. Many thankings :borat:
    That is why I asked women as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    You can make a semantic argument that people actually mean privileges but it kinda misses the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sek510i)
    Sexual assaults on women are far higher, and domestic violence rates are currently unclear because people of both genders don't reliably report on it.

Sexism does work both ways, but women still get the worst of it. The last stats I saw for my area suggested that up to one in four women had been the victims of sexual assaults or domestic violence, for example. My point was that equality isn't just about legal protections, it's about preventative measures and enforcing those laws.
    Do not use ******** misleading statistics:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/why-the...-is-misleading

ReputationRep:
    That is why I asked women as a whole
    Ohhh, you meant the international sisterhood as opposed to women on the whole in the UK? My bad :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, you meant the international sisterhood as opposed to women on the whole in the UK? My bad :hat2:
    No worries

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.