Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Summer Bucket List Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to
    1)Learn some coding
    2)Finish off the work for my uni entrance exams
    3)Finish off the software error checking that I am in charge of before the 15th of Aug

Looking forward for this challenge

ReputationRep:
    How can one be in charge of software error checking without being able to code

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    I know enough for it. I want to learn coding in some other language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    It's possible to do quite a bit of testing without knowing how to code, e.g checking software has all the features required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsuchaya)
    I want to
    1)Learn some coding
    2)Finish off the work for my uni entrance exams
    3)Finish off the software error checking that I am in charge of before the 15th of Aug

Looking forward for this challenge
    Sounds like a good list. What programming language do you want to learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMathsDude)
    It's possible to do quite a bit of testing without knowing how to code, e.g checking software has all the features required.
    Thank you for explaining

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good list. What programming language do you want to learn?
    Probably C++. I really like these kind of stuff. I know pascal very well because I did it for like 3 years at school. Since I no longer follow IT as a school subject, I want to learn C++ just for fun.

ReputationRep:
    Probably C++. I really like these kind of stuff. I know pascal very well because I did it for like 3 years at school. Since I no longer follow IT as a school subject, I want to learn C++ just for fun.
    Hi there I was wondering how you are going to learn C++ - what resources will you be using? I am thinking of trying to learn it also so any links would be v useful
    Good luck with the challenge and I hope you achieve your goals on your bucket list !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C++ will be very useful to learn, good choice. It is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. If you find it too hard at first, perhaps try Python

ReputationRep:
    C++ will be very useful to learn, good choice. It is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. If you find it too hard at first, perhaps try Python
    I didnt like Python. School wanted to give me lessons on that as well. I started but I didnt like it. I will give it another shot though. I really like the discipline involved in programming. Dont know why though.

ReputationRep:
    Finished the software error checking by the first of august and went live. Hit a few bumps on the first few days but it went mostly well. Was so busy that I forgot to cross this one off the list😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.