The Student Room Group

My Summer Bucket List

I want to
1)Learn some coding
2)Finish off the work for my uni entrance exams
3)Finish off the software error checking that I am in charge of before the 15th of Aug

Looking forward for this challenge :smile::smile::smile::smile:
How can one be in charge of software error checking without being able to code
Reply 2
Original post by That'sGreat

I know enough for it. I want to learn coding in some other language
Original post by That'sGreat

It's possible to do quite a bit of testing without knowing how to code, e.g checking software has all the features required.
Original post by Hsuchaya
I want to
1)Learn some coding
2)Finish off the work for my uni entrance exams
3)Finish off the software error checking that I am in charge of before the 15th of Aug

Looking forward for this challenge :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Sounds like a good list. What programming language do you want to learn? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by aMathsDude
It's possible to do quite a bit of testing without knowing how to code, e.g checking software has all the features required.

Thank you for explaining :smile::u:
Reply 6
Sounds like a good list. What programming language do you want to learn? :smile:

Probably C++. I really like these kind of stuff. I know pascal very well because I did it for like 3 years at school. Since I no longer follow IT as a school subject, I want to learn C++ just for fun.:u:
Probably C++. I really like these kind of stuff. I know pascal very well because I did it for like 3 years at school. Since I no longer follow IT as a school subject, I want to learn C++ just for fun.:u:

Hi there :smile: I was wondering how you are going to learn C++ - what resources will you be using? I am thinking of trying to learn it also so any links would be v useful:tongue:
Good luck with the challenge and I hope you achieve your goals on your bucket list !

Posted from TSR Mobile

C++ will be very useful to learn, good choice. It is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. If you find it too hard at first, perhaps try Python :smile:
Reply 9
C++ will be very useful to learn, good choice. It is a bit tricky to get to grips with though. If you find it too hard at first, perhaps try Python :smile:

I didnt like Python. School wanted to give me lessons on that as well. I started but I didnt like it. I will give it another shot though. I really like the discipline involved in programming. Dont know why though. :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 10
Finished the software error checking by the first of august and went live. Hit a few bumps on the first few days but it went mostly well. Was so busy that I forgot to cross this one off the list😂

Quick Reply

Latest