Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Car insurance quotes. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just received a letter from my insurance company telling me that I am due my yearly renewal. They have decided to increase my car insurance by over £300 even though I now how a years no claims. I did change my car during the year but I was told by the insurance company that it would not change the price in the future. Has anybody else had this problem?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryBrown144)
    Just received a letter from my insurance company telling me that I am due my yearly renewal. They have decided to increase my car insurance by over £300 even though I now how a years no claims. I did change my car during the year but I was told by the insurance company that it would not change the price in the future. Has anybody else had this problem?
    Shop around. Honestly.

Especially for insurance consider it an annual requirement to check premiums with other providers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    This is par for the course really. Insurers bank on you being too lazy to switch providers every year, so they bump up the price arbitrarily to skim more profit off you. It's the same trick used by utility companies, and banks as well. As Doonesbury said, shop around now and find yourself a better premium.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryBrown144)
    Changing your car will absolutely have made a difference; no two cars have the same risk associated with them, even if they're in the same insurance group.

As above, shop around. See this thread for advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4825738

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.