Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

86 year old JEWEL THIEF and back at it again Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm not condoning theft at all, but a small part of me is quite impressed by this woman...

Doris Payne: 86-year-old international jewel thief arrested again after allegedly pocketing diamond necklace

Ms Payne's criminal record goes as far back as 1952, and she has conducted successful heists all around the world.

She was the subject of the 2013 documentary The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne, which chronicled her decades-long career of alleged thefts. Her criminal record dates back to 1952, with successful heists from San Diego to Monte Carlo, Las Vegas to Paris.

"I don’t dictate what happens when I walk in the store. The people in charge dictate what happens with me when I walk in the store,” she said. “I don’t tell a person in the store I want to see something that costs $10,000.
    “They make those decisions based on how I present myself and how I look."

The article says it started when she was young and realised she had walked out of the store with a watch she had been trying on.

What do you guys think of this woman's long criminal history? Have you ever accidentally stolen something? let me know!

ReputationRep:
    She still has the skills. 👍

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of the morals of the whole situation, I bet she would put most 'young' criminals to shame lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

shes so cool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.