The Student Room Group

Moving ARU Cambridge to London ??

Hi, hopefully this the correct part of the forum. Anyways I would really appreciate some help and advice. I'm currently a business management student at ARU Cambridge campus. I just finished my first year and really didn't enjoy it there so want and need to move to London for health of mind sake. Prior to uni I did a HE course (which was affected by personal issues) so got measly grades 18 merits, 12 distinction and 15 pass credits. First year of uni concluded with 5 B's and 2 A's. I only found out there was an ARU campus in London half way through my first year. Should I stick with moving to that uni or try another?
Reply 1
Original post by Joetbaker
Hi, hopefully this the correct part of the forum. Anyways I would really appreciate some help and advice. I'm currently a business management student at ARU Cambridge campus. I just finished my first year and really didn't enjoy it there so want and need to move to London for health of mind sake. Prior to uni I did a HE course (which was affected by personal issues) so got measly grades 18 merits, 12 distinction and 15 pass credits. First year of uni concluded with 5 B's and 2 A's. I only found out there was an ARU campus in London half way through my first year. Should I stick with moving to that uni or try another?

Why London? Is it where you live outside term time?

Does the ARU London campus offer your course? If so speak to ARU - they are the only people who can tell you if you can transfer.

Alternatively you can transfer to a different London university - you would need to contact a few and ask if they have places and if your current course is suitable.

We have info about transfers in this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
Why London? Is it where you live outside term time?

Does the ARU London campus offer your course? If so speak to ARU - they are the only people who can tell you if you can transfer.

Alternatively you can transfer to a London university - you would need to contact a few and ask if they have places and if your current course is suitable.

We have info about transfers in this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424

I live just outside of London and the energy is just too amazing for me not want to be there now. There will also be so many opportunities for me. I've contacted the ARU campus. I've looked at many unis in London and my grades just don't meet any of the ones that have I have researched. I'm not sure what London uni would consider me. London met is out of the question
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Joetbaker
I live just outside of London and the energy is just too amazing for me not want to be there now. There will also be so many opportunities for me. I've contacted the ARU campus. I've looked at many unis in London and my grades just don't meet any of the ones that have I have researched. I'm not sure what London uni would consider me. London met is out of the question

Well then it is what it is...

By the way ARU London doesn't provide accomodation so you will need to commute or sort that yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you for your time and help
Original post by Doonesbury
Well then it is what it is...

By the way ARU London doesn't provide accomodation so you will need to commute or sort that yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest