Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

birth control Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i am on mircrogynon 30
    once i have finished one pack can i immediately take 7 pills of the next pack and then have a break for seven days then restart the next 2 weeks and then have a break again?

(Original post by Jollyjules1320)
    i am on mircrogynon 30
    once i have finished one pack can i immediately take 7 pills of the next pack and then have a break for seven days then restart the next 2 weeks and then have a break again?
    I've just done something similar with no ill effect, so go for it OP.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean take 7 pills in one go, or 7 pills 7 days and then take a break?

Sounds like you may mess up your cycle quite a bit.

(Original post by Airmed)
    Do you mean take 7 pills in one go, or 7 pills 7 days and then take a break?

Sounds like you may mess up your cycle quite a bit.
    I think she means she'll have 4 weeks on the pill, a week off, 2 weeks on and a week off which would bring her up to the next pack and taking it 3 weeks at a time again.
    You don't actually have a cycle on the pill - that's the whole point of taking it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think she means she'll have 4 weeks on the pill, a week off, 2 weeks on and a week off which would bring her up to the next pack and taking it 3 weeks at a time again.
    You don't actually have a cycle on the pill - that's the whole point of taking it?
    When I was on the pill (for the start of it anyway), it made my period come at the same time each time. So in a sense, it was like a cycle. That is what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yes this is exactly what i mean, is that okay to do?

(Original post by Jollyjules1320)
    yes this is exactly what i mean, is that okay to do?
    Yeah I don't see why not? I've just done it and had no issues

(Original post by Airmed)
    When I was on the pill (for the start of it anyway), it made my period come at the same time each time. So in a sense, it was like a cycle. That is what I meant.
    Ah okay. But if OP is okay with/wants to change when she'll have a 'period then it's up to her to run packs together etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to do it?

If it's to not have a bleed one week, you would be better off just skipping the break and taking the whole of the next one before having a week's break,

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.