Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So I made a mistake by applying for a full time application tuition fee loan.

I had to cancel this application and start a new application for a part time loan and it says it could take up to 6 weeks for my application to be finished!

My cut off date to apply for the coming year of my degree in 14th September, in 7.5 weeks away!

The application stated when does your course start, which I had no choice but to select October 2017 and then went onto say how long which I put 3 years and which year of the course I'm applying for and it is my third. I started my course in Feb 2014 which I put in the section when I started course and then it went onto say which year of the course I'm applying for and I said 3rd.

I completed my first and second year part time (equating to 4 years in total).

Feb 2014-Year 1 part time
    Oct 2014-Year 1 part time complete
    Oct 2015-Year 2 part time
    Oct 2016-Year 2 part time complete
    Oct 2017-Final year full time-This is the year I'm applying for where I've stated the maximum tuition fee I'm applying for.

I've previously funded myself part time.

Should I put how long my course is 5 years? (since I've completed my first and second year part time 4 years in total) instead of 3 years? Technically it's not a course that takes 5 years like medicine. This is my final year (3rd year if it was full time).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    So I made a mistake by applying for a full time application tuition fee loan.

I had to cancel this application and start a new application for a part time loan and it says it could take up to 6 weeks for my application to be finished!

My cut off date to apply for the coming year of my degree in 14th September, in 7.5 weeks away!

The application stated when does your course start, which I had no choice but to select October 2017 and then went onto say how long which I put 3 years and which year of the course I'm applying for and it is my third. I started my course in Feb 2014 which I put in the section when I started course and then it went onto say which year of the course I'm applying for and I said 3rd.

I completed my first and second year part time (equating to 4 years in total).

Feb 2014-Year 1 part time
    Oct 2014-Year 1 part time complete
    Oct 2015-Year 2 part time
    Oct 2016-Year 2 part time complete
    Oct 2017-Final year full time-This is the year I'm applying for where I've stated the maximum tuition fee I'm applying for.

I've previously funded myself part time.

Should I put how long my course is 5 years? (since I've completed my first and second year part time 4 years in total) instead of 3 years? Technically it's not a course that takes 5 years like medicine. This is my final year (3rd year if it was full time).
    Hi Analyst89,

You should check with your university on the length of the course, if this is a 5 year course then you need to put that its a 5 year course on the application and that you are on the 5th and final year of the course.

Thanks Catherine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.