Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My 18th birthday party Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, just had my birthday, had a family party at my house (i didnt organise it). However i wanted to have a party with my mates and i want to imvite them but im not the type to go to parties or put one up. The problem is is that they may not see me as the type to put a party on and also, i dont know how to invite them. I wasnt sure wheather to go on a night out or have a meal or bbq. Also its the summer and we will all be going of to Uni or Apprenticeships so would like to see them before. I have some problems as i dont know how to invite them and what to do at the party (e.g. clubbing or pub etc...) Also i d rather it be a small gathering of like 7-8 ppl. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I would have a gathering at your house where you have pre-drinks and some kind of informal food like takeaway or a BBQ, then you can go to a club at 11ish in taxi. If you go out instead of having all your friends stay the night, there's significantly less mess to tidy and your neighbours/parents wont be as annoyed. I'd imagine that since you've only just turned 18 you've never been to a club, so it would be good fun to go out with some of your closer friends. To organise it I would just make a group chat on Facebook or whatsapp and just say what your planning. Personally I don't like more formal meals for get togethers because its hard to talk to those others than your sat next to. If you have something more informal there's more opportunity to joke, gossip and have fun because your not worrying about everyone else in a restaurant.

Ultimately though whatever you decide you'll be with your friends, so I suppose what matters is getting everyone together before they go away.

ReputationRep:
    Make a Facebook group with them all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    I would have a gathering at your house where you have pre-drinks and some kind of informal food like takeaway or a BBQ, then you can go to a club at 11ish in taxi. If you go out instead of having all your friends stay the night, there's significantly less mess to tidy and your neighbours/parents wont be as annoyed. I'd imagine that since you've only just turned 18 you've never been to a club, so it would be good fun to go out with some of your closer friends. To organise it I would just make a group chat on Facebook or whatsapp and just say what your planning. Personally I don't like more formal meals for get togethers because its hard to talk to those others than your sat next to. If you have something more informal there's more opportunity to joke, gossip and have fun because your not worrying about everyone else in a restaurant.

Ultimately though whatever you decide you'll be with your friends, so I suppose what matters is getting everyone together before they go away.
    Right so ive invited them and its gonna be a house party. Would you recommend to have a bbq before hand. Also what makes a good House Party? Lots of Alcohol and good music or is anything else that is needed? Also what time does a typical house party start. Ive been to 1 house party but was a new years eve one. Cheers for the help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFordFaithful)
    Right so ive invited them and its gonna be a house party. Would you recommend to have a bbq before hand. Also what makes a good House Party? Lots of Alcohol and good music or is anything else that is needed? Also what time does a typical house party start. Ive been to 1 house party but was a new years eve one. Cheers for the help.
    I wouldn't really say a house party as you've got about 10 people. Its more pre-drinks before going out. Just have some food, with a few drinks and some music. The rest works it self out if you're inviting your friends. Your friends should bring enough drinks for themselves but have mixers and a few bottles of wine or whatever you'd like to drink. You wouldn't want to get anyone (or yourself) ill before going out. I'd say to start at 7:30 and leave for a club at 11. That's about standard for most places not in London or Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    I wouldn't really say a house party as you've got about 10 people. Its more pre-drinks before going out. Just have some food, with a few drinks and some music. The rest works it self out if you're inviting your friends. Your friends should bring enough drinks for themselves but have mixers and a few bottles of wine or whatever you'd like to drink. You wouldn't want to get anyone (or yourself) ill before going out. I'd say to start at 7:30 and leave for a club at 11. That's about standard for most places not in London or Manchester.
    Right so its gonna be a bbq/ house party gathering thingy without going out. The problem is is that i am not sure what type of music to put on. Do i go for songs that everyone knows or do i go for club like songs ( i have been to a club before). Making a playlist, could do with some suggestion's. Cheers for your help. I am not a very social person so it helped me alot.

ReputationRep:
    Right so its gonna be a bbq/ house party gathering thingy without going out. The problem is is that i am not sure what type of music to put on. Do i go for songs that everyone knows or do i go for club like songs ( i have been to a club before). Making a playlist, could do with some suggestion's. Cheers for your help. I am not a very social person so it helped me alot.
    Ps i know its only a small thing but ive never put on a house party before.

ReputationRep:
    Ps i know its only a small thing but ive never put on a house party before.
    Ps any drinking games?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.