Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am at the end of my 1st yr at Clifton campus and have failed an exam dispite studying hard I have a holiday booked when the resit is can anyone help know what I can do please. Cancelling the holiday is not an option due to personal reasons.
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Struggler23)
    Hi I am at the end of my 1st yr at Clifton campus and have failed an exam dispite studying hard I have a holiday booked when the resit is can anyone help know what I can do please. Cancelling the holiday is not an option due to personal reasons.
    Thanks
    You can talk to your department or Tutor or a student advisor at the SU.
    You could also get a letter from your GP supporting your need for the holiday and then make an extenuating circumstances claim. It is then up to your department whether they will refuse your request or not. If they do so they can prevent you proceeding to year 2 or they can require you to sit it next year. Complete discretion of your department. Do not be surprised if they say no, but they will find it harder to argue against medical evidence. Normally they would refuse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.