Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When have you had to change your personality for another person/situation . Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I had to be super kind and respectful when filling up peoples shopping bags in police cadets. It was horrible having to be so polite. It seemed so fake, pretty sure if they let me be myself the customers would of preferred it.

ReputationRep:
    work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    work
    from what to what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    from what to what?
    from being kind, calm and polite to a moody b***ard to my colleagues because of the stupid customers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BTAnonymous)
    from being kind, calm and polite to a moody b***ard to my colleagues because of the stupid customers.
    ahem now now, im trying to get theeeeeeee job.. not shock them.

ReputationRep:
    when i had to volunteer at a charity for elderly people... i didnt have to change my personality but I wear a lot of band tshirts and band wristbands and punk rock bracelets... and I was told that I cant wear black and I had to take off all my jewellery so I wouldnt scare off the old ppl

ReputationRep:
    ahem now now, im trying to get theeeeeeee job.. not shock them.
    yeah well I'm not doing the interview, selection or whatever for you so answer it in your words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    when i had to volunteer at a charity for elderly people... i didnt have to change my personality but I wear a lot of band tshirts and band wristbands and punk rock bracelets... and I was told that I cant wear black and I had to take off all my jewellery so I wouldnt scare off the old ppl
    Did they even ask the elderly people about how they felt about it??????????!

ReputationRep:
    Did they even ask the elderly people about how they felt about it??????????!
    I think they just thought that I looked like the odd one out and I should look 'normal' and something the elderly ppl are used to...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say we change our personalities too much but everyone changes their behaviour according to the social situation that they happen to be in. For example, you behave differently with parents than you do with friends or colleagues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    I think they just thought that I looked like the odd one out and I should look 'normal' and something the elderly ppl are used to...
    Too right! I hate when people talk for others * eyerolls* and assume that it's best for them..

ReputationRep:
    Too right! I hate when people talk for others * eyerolls* and assume that it's best for them..
    they made me wear the ugliest neon blue shirt .... urgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard0328)
    I wouldn't say we change our personalities too much but everyone changes their behaviour according to the social situation that they happen to be in. For example, you behave differently with parents than you do with friends or colleagues
    Good insight!

ReputationRep:
    Good insight!
    I learned something on my access course lol
    this is just something that we do without even thinking about it although it can be conscious ie you swear less in front of your mother or you are on your best behaviour on a first date. We all do these things whether its a big behavioural change or just a little difference. Most people probably dont even realise that they are changing their behaviour to adapt to their company. It is just something that we do
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Any job interview ever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.