• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    Fill in your own job application :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Literally every day, I tell them to go **** themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My only job was at Waitrose and almost all the customers were happy and polite. There was this one guy who was a complete push over, his wife was bullying the sh** out of him and belittling him so much I had to hold in my laugh, she even got rude with me and I just said in a sarcastic tone “excuse me?”, she apologised right after lol. hope her husband took notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    My only job was at Waitrose and almost all the customers were happy and polite. There was this one guy who was a complete push over, his wife was bullying the sh** out of him and belittling him so much I had to hold in my laugh, she even got rude with me and I just said in a sarcastic tone “excuse me?”, she apologised right after lol. hope her husband took notes.

o.o O---M--G! loool I could never work at waitrose-most are just judgemental snobs, nty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustDoIt!)
    most are just judgemental snobs, nty
    And this is why you could never work there. Talk about judgemental.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to present a hold out (at McDonalds, if we can't present your order to you within 45 seconds, we send you into bays where we come out and give your order to you instead of holding the whole drive thru up) and I gave this lady her food and she asked if there was any BBQ sauce. she then opened her bag and found that there wasn't so I said to her that I would get her a loads of BBQ sauce and she seemed fine. I come back with the BBQ sauces and I accidentally drop a sauce box thing onto her. she then says "right that's it. I've had enough now! I've had to wait 10 minutes my food and now you've spilt sauce all over my car!". I was like "WTF, WHY YOU SO BUTTHURT??!!". No sauce was obviously spilt because the f***ing pot has a cover! She goes into the store and b*tches to my manager who said she'll give her a free meal next time she comes in.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Literally every day, I tell them to go **** themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Life goals
    https://youtu.be/xer1zhAsVaU

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could say that to some of my tenants :moon:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could say that to some of my tenants :moon:
    The beeb says it makes you more trustworthy
    "The claim has been made that swearing is bonding: a few blue words, uttered in a good-natured way, indicates and encourages intimacy. A very recent study suggests that people who swear are perceived as more trustworthy than those who are less potty-mouthed."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The beeb says it makes you more trustworthy
    "The claim has been made that swearing is bonding: a few blue words, uttered in a good-natured way, indicates and encourages intimacy. A very recent study suggests that people who swear are perceived as more trustworthy than those who are less potty-mouthed."
    It makes sense.

Unfortunately I can't call my tenants ****ing morons even if they are exactly that.

ReputationRep:
    i have a job at Primark, and one customer bought his stuff at the tills (as you do) and then when i told him the price which was about £70, he went crazy about how expensive it was!

i was like " ERM.... did you see how much stuff you bought?!" like really.... it was 2 baskets full of clothes!

ReputationRep:
    And this is why you could never work there. Talk about judgemental.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said most and im only talking from experience.... i thought jobs loved experience x

ReputationRep:
    It was Christmas time, and we had ran out of a certain sherry a lady wanted. She proceeded to verbally abuse all the staff members around us, telling her that we should do better, we should look after her. Best I could do was wack out the inform app and direct her to the nearest Tesco with that particular sherry. I even offered to check the back. She slammed the rest of her shopping on the checkout, continuing to abuse the checkout manager. Even if I had the sherry she wasn't getting it

ReputationRep:
    My last shift and McDonalds got my first ever customer complaint there. Some chavs were sitting around and swearing loudly. You know, little boys being annoying little boys kind of deal. A woman with a shopping trolley who shouldn't have even been in the restaurant with said trolley started kicking off about how they're swearing in front of her little boy. I had to be walking towards everything sweeping up and stopped dead in the middle of it all. I turned to her and said, very loudly, that enough's enough and it's over. I then turned to the chavs and told them to "watch their (effing) language". They laughed.

10 minutes later, my shift manager got a call to complain about everything. I apparently "kicked her out of the restaurant" after the kids were throwing food, swearing loudly, and tried to steal her shopping. She demanded free food and whatnot. I was pulled aside and spoken to, but the manager didn't believe any of what she said. Just told me the only problem is if she went to corporate because corporate immediately sides with customers before employees - and they wonder why staff turnover is so high.

Anyway, lesson learned: be blatantly rude when a situation allows because people are going to complain no matter what. I won't hold back in the future anywhere else.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.