Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Entry level accounting interview Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What sort of interview questions could I expect for an entry level role in a small/medium sized company for a role such as Accounts Assistant/Admin, Ledger etc.?

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for the technical questions if there are any (there often aren't for entry-level roles, but I couldn't say for sure), but there are some general questions you should be ready for:

Why this company?
    Why this role?
    One or two examples where you showed X trait. (leadership, adapting on the fly, adversity, persistence, teamwork, etc.)
    What are your career aspirations? (e.g., where do you see yourself in X years time)
    Tell me more about X part of your CV. (be ready to expand on anything in your CV/application)

Try to answer using the STAR format: Situation (the context), Task (your responsibilities and role in that context), Action (what you did), Result (how it went).

ReputationRep:
    If it is entry level they very likely will not ask you any technical questions or anything ridiculous. It will be about you, who you are, what your goals are, why you are choosing finance/their company... And they will probably have your CV out and ask you questions about it. So be prepared to answer everything about the CV. Make sure when you are answering, you use tangible examples and give details rather than general waffling. The other thing to remember is that they are not timing you so you can breathe and talk for a while, they won't mind. Be yourself and don't try to sound like you are egotistical or trying too hard. They mostly just want confirmation that you are a decent and amicable human being capable of doing their tasks. This guide has a few good tips:http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/stud...ource=Facebook

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.