sarah1223
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i have to choose between a level math and a level chemistry i haven't done gcse for either of them, I'm not very good at both i don't think.. which one would i be able to catch up on faster then the other
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sarah1223)
i have to choose between a level math and a level chemistry i haven't done gcse for either of them, I'm not very good at both i don't think.. which one would i be able to catch up on faster then the other
How come you haven't done GCSE maths, or chemistry for that matter...? Are you a mature student?

Have you done double science GCSE?
sarah1223
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
How come you haven't done GCSE maths, or chemistry for that matter...? Are you a mature student?

Have you done double science GCSE?
i moved to america and did an american school system but now i moved back and I'm doing a levels
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
chemistry
gleich
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chemistry
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A level math is fairly easy.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i moved to america and did an american school system but now i moved back and I'm doing a levels
Well which did you prefer in the American system...? The system matters not... your ability/interest in the subject is what is important.

Why do you "have to choose between a level math and a level chemistry"? Why do you have to do them at all?

What are your other subjects and your intention after school; e.g. going to a university to study what?
sarah1223
Rep:
?
well basically my dilemma is that i want to do something that needs either maths or chemistry i would want to study zoology or be a vet something in that field.. however i did maths all my throughout my time in america and i did good but i think the academic level is easier then a level and i haven't done chemistry in america since i was doing biology so would it be to hard to do chemistry?Did i miss too much? I'm not very bright at maths but i did improve in america.
plankyton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would do maths as the jump from GCSE chemistry to a-level chemistry is greater in my opinion Maths sort of eases you in with C1 (first module)
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
well basically my dilemma is that i want to do something that needs either maths or chemistry i would want to study zoology or be a vet something in that field.. however i did maths all my throughout my time in america and i did good but i think the academic level is easier then a level and i haven't done chemistry in america since i was doing biology so would it be to hard to do chemistry?Did i miss too much? I'm not very bright at maths but i did improve in america.
Again, what are your other A-levels?

Look at zoology course requirements.
Usually Biology plus another science. e.g. https://www.southampton.ac.uk/biosci...______________

Then look at veterinary course requirements.
Bristol requires Chemistry plus another "lab-based" science (i.e. not maths).
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...inary-science/

Other universities may have different requirements - you need to do the research.

But yes I'd be concerned about you trying to do A-level Chemistry with zero prior chemistry experience. Maths would seem to be a better bet, but may close the vetmed door for you. And not being "bright" at maths is a concern also...

Tagging Reality Check for their opinion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (192)
14.28%
I'm not sure (59)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (664)
49.37%

Watched Threads