Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Put on a little weight, feeling less confident Watch

Announcements

I've been training regularly for the past year and managed to lose fat and gain muscle. But the past month I've fallen off it just a tiny bit as my diet hasn't been up to scratch so I've put on 1kg and have lost a bit of muscle. My legs are nowhere near as muscular as they used to be and you can quite clearly see fat there now, and it also shows on my face a bit more. I feel like I'm not getting as much attention as I did say a month ago and am feeling a little conscious. I do still look fit but just not as much as I used to...I'm meeting a guy tomorrow and I don't know if he will still be attracted to me. He always raves about how amazing my body is too.

I don't know if I'm just being overly paranoid.. does it sound like I'm being silly for no reason?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, insecurity is the most unattractive feature in a woman. So what you gained weight? You are still you at the end of the day. If the guy you are meeting tomorrow only likes you for your body, then he probably isn't worth the time.

Plus, all the hard work you've done so far isn't going to be gone in just a month, unless you've been eating like 5000 calories a day.

(Original post by Burnheal131)
    In my opinion, insecurity is the most unattractive feature in a woman. So what you gained weight? You are still you at the end of the day. If the guy you are meeting tomorrow only likes you for your body, then he probably isn't worth the time.

Plus, all the hard work you've done so far isn't going to be gone in just a month, unless you've been eating like 5000 calories a day.
    Thank you, you are right

bump

bump

ReputationRep:
    shameful_burrito he's crying cause he gained 1kg. That's more insecure than Mr Piano
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concav)
    shameful_burrito he's crying cause he gained 1kg. That's more insecure than Mr Piano
    Lmao. He's not doing whatever it takes!! 8 hour Piano lessons godammit

ReputationRep:
    Lose it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sofia vergara went around Europe and gained 10 pounds, it didn’t hold her back.

ReputationRep:
    Put it to the test then. if you doesn't like you because of a bit of weight gain it shows how shallow he is. lucky escape to find out very early what a guy is truly like.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been training regularly for the past year and managed to lose fat and gain muscle. But the past month I've fallen off it just a tiny bit as my diet hasn't been up to scratch so I've put on 1kg and have lost a bit of muscle. My legs are nowhere near as muscular as they used to be and you can quite clearly see fat there now, and it also shows on my face a bit more. I feel like I'm not getting as much attention as I did say a month ago and am feeling a little conscious. I do still look fit but just not as much as I used to...I'm meeting a guy tomorrow and I don't know if he will still be attracted to me. He always raves about how amazing my body is too.

I don't know if I'm just being overly paranoid.. does it sound like I'm being silly for no reason?
    Overly paranoid, You fluctuate more than that in a day. I really doubt you can tell 1kg plus I doubt youve lost that much muscle.

If it bothers you that much then start eating at a deficit again and using some weights.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.